AMC:SOW spoilers and Thorsten info...

• Members

SOW as reported by Proteus

AMC's Kaye: 'My Contract Is Up'

TK says that he is not quitting, his contract is up, whose first preference was that SOW not write anything at all about his negotiations. SOW says "Sorry Toast!" TK says that he hasn't decided what he is going to do. But he will always do what he can to help the show and to help JHC. She is a friend of his. It's not secret that Kaye, and many other AMC actors-have not been pleased with the shows writing for a while. TK says that he thinks that they have a good group of actors here. He says but sometimes it feels like they are just filling in the gaps for the writers, and that is not their job. It's like playing on a football field with potholes everywhere. You can't relax and do your job because you're worried about breaking your ankle. He says that's what the scripts are sometimes. You're going: "Can I say this? I'd better not, because it doesn't make sense with that..." When pressed, TK cites one humorous example of a "pothole" in an upcoming love scene between Zach and Kendall in her apartment. TK says that she f'ed his son in that bed, so he really doesn't want to sleep there. It would be fun to explore the human issues involved with these people, instead of just going from event to event. He says that he would love that. Many fans agree, so hopefully TPTB are listening. In the meantime, Zach will continue battling Ryan for Kendall's heart. Cameron Mathison says that he is not going to leave.He says that TK cares so much about the show. If he tries to leave, CM says that he will staple him to his dressing room. TK says that he doesn't know what's going to happen, but there's a big difference between quitting and sticking out your contract.

AMC's JR Goes Free!

All hell breaks loose at JR's trial when Babe changes her testimony and persuades JR to plead not guilty. Once Kendall learns that JR might not go to prison after all, she busts into the courtroom in her wheelchair and goes off on JR. AM says that she says "You S.O.B.!" The typical court stuff. The new Mrs. Slater explains to the judge that JR confessed to attempted murder at her bedside while she was in her coma. Unfortunately, Kendall's testimony is inadmissable due to her medical condition at the time, so the judge is forced to dismiss the case. AM says that he gets off! Kendall's not a happy camper. Even if she knows he didn't mean to do it to her, she's still beside herself with all this trauma she's been through. JR may not be facing jailtime, but now he has to face Kendall-which could be worse. AM says that she's going to hold a grudge against JR for a long time.

Sneak Peeks:

Binks bids adieu to Pine Valley.

Greg recites his last will and testament.

Beware: Kendall's got you, Babe.

Jonathan has a seizure.

Tad and Di disagree about the Dixie chick.

Can't Miss: Wednesday, June 14

Jeff Martin meets his "unaborted" son.

Week Of June 19: Erica tells Jack the truth about Josh. Greg is tormented by his captor. Ryan wonders if he's really Spike's father.

This might explain why the writers had Ryan all of a sudden declare is love for Kendall. I think that it is an insurance policy incase TK does not sign a new contract. I think that a lot of Zendall fans will miss him if he goes. On the same token, Rendall fans will rejoice if TK does not sign. This IMO will clear the way for a Rendall reunion which I do not like. I think that Ryan lost the right to be with Kendall when he married Greenlee IMO. I don't mind Kendall falling in love with someone else IF TK leaves, I just don't like the Rendall pairing because of him not her.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahah...wait I thought everything was picture perfect over at AMC? :rolleyes: I'm glad TK spoke out. I hope Frons does something.

It seems though they'd rather lose TK than fire McTavish (hence the Ryan backup).

Even if TK stays he's screwed. McTavish does not torlerate actors speaking out against her writing. She will make him and Zach miserable.

I feel bad for both TK and for Carruthers, she's completely powerless.

• Members

Yeah, but it's getting worse and worse for him. And he is NOT alone among the AMC actors. He's the only one really speaking to the press about it. The morale on the AMC set is low. Not a lot of the actors are happy.

His best buddy is the show's EP, he's getting a nice paycheck and lots of nice perks. He is considering venturing into the world of unemployment because of McTavish's hack job. SHE NEEDS TO GO.

• Members

I hope he isn't attacked here for criticizing the show (which seems to be the common reaction here). The man is right. The show has great actors, as an institution its still a gem, but the writing is just embarassing.

I just do not understand how some adults don't mind being treated like complete imbeciles.

• Members

At this point, I think currentMcTavish is the worst AMC I've ever seen. Worse than Passanante, worse than with Rayfield.

Because at least with them, I actually still cared about the show. I was still invested. Now? I'm barely watching and I couldn't give a [!@#$%^&*] what goes on anymore. If a new HW is installed, I'll probably be able to invest in the show again. But the way things are now? The show could be taken off the air tomorrow and I wouldn't feel sad. Probably relief.

• Members

I can't believe they are letting JR off yet again. I'll tell you no wonder people think they can get away with anything. They see it on the soaps all the time. No one ever pays for anything they do anymore.

Glad to hear someone finally speak out about AMC's writing.

• Members

BUT, the ratings have been good! That's all that matters. Why would they get rid of a HW who gets them good ratings? They wouldn't. The show will survive without TK if he decides to leave, BUT if they get a new headwriter there are no guarantees that the ratings will hold steady. It could backfire. UNTIL the ratings are negatively impacted, IMHO MMT will be staying right where she is.

• Members

I feel exactly the same way. I would rather have had the show end a few years ago on a high note than have it deteriorate slowly into nothingness. And I agree about Passanante and R&C. I don't know if Passanante was better, probably not but she was solo after a relatively good period for the show so I was still high off that, it didn't matter as much. Rayfield & Cascio together were much better than "currentMcTavish". Rayfield alone, probably worse but again the show was coming off a high point from Culliton so I could tolerate it.

That may be Frons' thinking but its a pretty bad course of action. If you wait until a bunch of popular actors leave and ratings tank as a result to do anything, you can hire a new HW but you may never get those actors back. Also, it makes the job all the more difficult for the new HW to have nothing/nobody to work with.

• Members

The ratings are good in a pool of mediocrity. It's not as if AMC is some ratings powerhouse that is ruling above all the other soaps. It's not. This is not just about Thorsten Kaye, it's about the fact that fans are unhappy and actors are unhappy. Maybe Frons would respond to the low set morale and actually make a writing change. Hey, maybe then AMC could actually have good writing, and they could rise to their potential. They could actually show ratings growth and get good ratings because of the show's quality. Right now, AMC has higher rankings because they haven't lost as many viewers as other soaps. Nothing to crow about.

Frons got rid of Culliton and Rayfield/Cascio and the ratings were decent then too. I thought Frons credits himself for taking risks, but hanging onto McT is the complete opposite of his self-professed philosophy.

• Members

Yes, he is not quitting which is good. Yes I know that his contract expires next year, but he is not a happy camper. And reading his comments, to me there is a 50/50 chance that he may not stay IMO

• Members

IMO overall he sounds like he's happy at the show, just the writing frustrates him and the other actors. Just like the writing frustrates us at times.

I say since he seems happy, most likely he'll stay, not like Rebecca Budig who wanted out, and nothing would get her to stay ;)

• Members

How does he seem "happy?" though? He said point out blank he doesn't know what he's going to do.

Having a good rapport with the other (frustrated) actors on the show and being good friends with a powerless EP does not make an actor "happy." It sounds to me like TK's first concern is about the writing. If he doesn't get good writing, he's going to leave.

Maybe we'll all have a savior out there - Any other ego-driven soap writers out there willing to march into Frons' office and wow him with their story outlines and steal McTavish's job? Let's hope this time that ego comes with talent.

Archived