AMC:SOW spoilers and Thorsten info...

• Members

It's so sad because ABC daytime had B&B right there last spring. All three could have passed B&B because all four soaps had ratings in the high 2's but B&B ran away with Taylor's return from the dead and the addition of Antonio Sabato Jr. Now B&B is consistenly in the low to mid three's while it is mainly mid two's for ABC. Frons needs to be fired. It makes my blood boil that Frons bosses thought just firing Jennifer Brandford was the answer. They should have fired Frons, Guza and Pratt's asses, too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hell, Cameron and Alicia were snarking about the writing a couple of weeks ago. "Not the writing sucks!" but they got in a jab or two about a few things and there was even talk of Cameron going down to the offices because he had a problem with something. Those two beat Walt Willey in being stuck up McTavish's ass. When they are snarking, you know there's trouble.

Thing is, the stuff that made Frons love McTavish in the first place is gone. She became one of his favs when she did the rape and the babyswitch. Actors were praising the show left and right, the ratings were going up (AMC was making year-to-year gains), the press was being all kiss-ass, they got 18 Emmy nominations, etc. etc. All that is gone right now. If Frons isn't receptive to this then he is a dumb ass.

• Members

I believe that with each show, there are certain actors who have more pull than others. The fact that Maurice Bernard was shot down when trying to save Jennifer Bransford was probably something that Frons wanted to help him with, but obviously couldn't and Frons made the right decision.

The fact that pretty much the ENTIRE AMC cast is unhappy with Megan McTavish doesn't surprise me. I'm so [!@#$%^&*] sick and tired of seeing stories involving the uteruses of the Kane women, or any woman for that matter. It seems like all Megan can produce is baby stories and it gets old really freaking quick. I believe that her time will be up shortly. AMC has been turned into a McTravesty thanks to the "great" Megan McTavish. Hiring this damn recycled writers is annoying as hell b/c they pull the same [!@#$%^&*] over and over with just different actors. That is the reason why soaps are so stale right now b/c no one has any new and intriguing ideas. Until some new blood (not necessarily uknown writers, but those with experience who haven't been a head writer), the entire product as a whole will diminish. Megan needs to go now.

Unfortuneately, the outlook for AMC doesn't look any better. The future storylines, well..... Trust me, I know......

• Members

My biggest fear is that Frons would pull one of his big switcheroos and move Higley to AMC, Guza to OLTL and McTavish back to GH. What a mess that would be.

And someone said they couldn't believe AMC was that bad and that GH was much worse. Right now this is my ranking of the ABC soaps:

1) OLTL was way ahead last week but since last Wednesday I put them almost equal with

2) AMC and GH which for the last month have both been unwatchable for me. If it wasn't for Mom being in the nursing home and having to be there at feeding time for lunch when AMC is on - there is no way I would be watching. It was painful to sit through this last month and I have so loved AMC through the years. If it was even near as good as it was when I quit (and I thought it was getting bad then) I would have been back hooked again. But it is not and there is nothing that has lured me back at all.

• Members

I'm the biggest GH fan, but I'll admit that the show is painful to watch, or as I like to call it, a clusterfuck. But......it's still an upgrade over the all holy shittiness (overall) that it was with Pratt at the head pen.

As of right now, I'd rank the ABC soaps like this

1. OLTL (which rarely ever happens, but they've been really good lately)

2. GH (which is not a good thing.....)

3. AMC (which has room for improvement)

Major changes need to be made. The fact that the cast isn't happy should be a big [!@#$%^&*] SIGN to TIICOTFIIC. That means "The Idiots In Control of The [!@#$%^&*] Idiots in Command".

*Sigh*, thank god for Y&R......

• Members

The fans have been screaming for months that MMT is out of control, and we don't like it. Look at the blacklash to the Josh storyline. MMT's response? She laughed it off in EVERY [!@#$%^&*] interview, said the fans were wrong, she was right, and in essence to shut up and deal. This is the woman that they let write this show. She has no respect for the show, it's history, the characters, or the fans. None, because is she did, Erica wouldn't have a 30 year old fetus, and Trevor wouldn't be dead.

The fans have been saying that enough is enough for months, and they refuse to hear us. If the AMC cast being unhappy doesn't get MMT fired, nothing will. :(

AMC can be saved, but if MMT stays at the helm, it's only a matter of time before she takes that lovely wrecking ball of hers to some piece of AMC/History/Legacy that will doom the show forever. And don't think she won't. She will. They obviously let her have free reign. If left on as HW, it's only a matter of time before she's going to do something AMC will never recover from. I'd count on it.

• Members

Even though Kelly and Kevin and a little of Duke where featured some in the tornado (the best part of the tornado actually) - I seriously think TIIC and TPTB wanted the sweeps to be about John, Natalie, Chris, and Evangeline and then Spencer. They worked to make it that way, but it was Dan and Heather who were the talk with the majority of fans.

They wanted sweeps to center around their faves.

I feel that is the reason the Todd stuff did not pick up until the end of sweeps. Once again the fans came - not to see the fab 4 or Spencer but to see Todd, his family, and to finally see Vicki and Todd together. Will Higley and Valentini take notice - probably not. Since last Thursday they sure haven't seemed to care.

• Members

The show could be alot better and that is signal enough that change is needed. LOL The fact that so many are so digusted with the show to the point of not being able tow atch is proof enough... LOL

• Members

Let's take this week and next week or the past 6 months if you're a Z/K fan... This week Kendall was on her death bed and Zach instead of going to her bedside (after being released from jail) spent the night grave digging or something with Dixie, because that suddenly was more important than being by his wife's possible death bed. Greg going missing...and then being found? nothing new. 4 years of Kate missing? Yes. A whole bunch of other people searching for Greg? Definitely. PLOT-DRIVEN HACKING. Next week, Zach wants Kendall to give up the revenge thing on J/B, and it's most likely NOT because he's planning his own revenge - and that's just wrong and out of character. When K/Z got together earlier this year, every scene was about Ryan, with Ryan interrupting. McTavish has no concept of how to write a romantic couple (I'll give her credit in saying she can do the road to coupledom) - she's unsubtle with the mush factor. The 2-3 month break up was horrendously written. The actors (and/or their chemistry) literally have to carry the crappy material, if they're getting half-decent they can make it look quite passable. So Z/K have reunited after the coma, yet Ryan's lurking suddenly madly in love 24/7 with anvils dropping of his impending doom to the relationship. Where's the f'in payoff? Why is it Lily and Jon, a couple the majority of the audience hates, get the location shoot and a new apartment and Erica and all the good people of the Valley's undying fluffing?

Personally, I do like Z/K, but just because McTavish wrote a month of their stuff "romantic" doesn't mean I, or other Z/K fans, are blind to the fact that she's doing a hell of a lot more bad than good to the show in general, and a moment of peace and tranquility could lead to months of whiplash (ask the JR/Babe fans, as well). The show is not as bad as 2005, but that's not saying much. And this woman has no concept of pay-off for anybody, she has very little concept of how to write couples (that are inherently boring OR interesting) - it's either hack or too much mush. She fluffs and hacks characters, there's very little middle ground in her world. I can't count how many times I've said Kendall, for example, would never do that (it's out of character, it's contrived, it's so ass-backwards for what's been done) since 2004 on while so much of her time was spent as plot device for the lacking Ryan and R/G...I can't count how many opportunities I think the show has missed by only concentrating on the extreme sports of hacking and fluffing and using their interesting characters as plot-devices to plug contrived stories. I want my character-driven show back, I want the AMC that didn't strive to do NBCD type stories, but interesting, complex character/family stories.

I don't think McTavish is the absolute worst writer out there, I think she usually only has 18 months of steam and then she needs to go. 18 months has long past.

That's my rant for the month, uh-oh, it's only June 8.

Archived