Best Albums of 2006

R!ck

• Members

P!nk: "I'm Not Dead" (10/10) - I may be a little biased because Pink is my goddess, But every single song on the Album is excellent and makes a statement. Even the hidden track with her dad "I've Seen The Rain" is a 10. She's got more balls than any other gurl or guy right now, Rock On Bitch!

Jewel: "Goodbye Alice In Wonderland" (9/10) - Compared to "0304" this album is a classic. Every songs tells about piece of her life, it's like her own little autobiographry put to music. Her finest work since "Pieces of You"

The Dixie Chicks: "Taking The Long Way" (9/10) - Not quite as good as "Fly", but better than "Home." "Easy Silence," "Baby Hold On," and "Everybody Knows" are the stand out tracks. Welcome Back Girls

Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Stadium Arcadium" (7/10) - Not as great as their previous material, but it's a good double album. Yeah there's a lot of "soft" songs, and it may seem like they have lost their edge, but Kiedis and Co. still know how to rock.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree wholeheartedly with your top 3 (I'm sure I'd agree with RHCP if I'd heard it), and I also agree that Jewel's new one is her best work to date. I would add Rhett Miller's "The Believer" and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Show Your Bones" to this list.

• Members

The Dixie Chicks' new album is nothing short of amazing. I'm so with you on that one.

If you like New Age, Enya's new album "Amarantine" is great too. especially "If I Could Be Where You Are". That song gives me chills.

Archived