ER Season Finale

PhoenixRising05

• Members

I know many here no longer care for the show but wow. I usually don't post the show but the finale was amazing and one of the best shows in a long time. It had cliffhangers for 3 main characters.

I hope Abby doesn't lose her baby and the whole Luka thing was sad with him watching her collapse and not be able to do anything to help her.

The shootout scenes and buildup were great. Very creepy. I am glad they brought back the story of Sam's ex and her child. They said they were going to do a triangle with Abby, Sam, and Luka and they never seemed to do it but I saw them go back into it a bit tonight. I wonder what will happen to Sam and her kid.

The Pratt and Neela stuff was well done. I am liking Pratt since his visit with Carter.

I also love Weaver walking without aid-its refreshing.

Glad it seems Clemente is gone-I hated him.

Oh and poor Jerry :( . He better make it through.

If this is a sign of things to come, ER may rank higher with me next season. It's still good but tonight was edge of your seat drama for the first time in awhile. Can't wait for the premiere in the fall!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard there would be another death in the fall but it she dies I think I am done with the show. Luka and her were the only reason I stuck with the show this season after the lackluster season finale last year and premiere this year. This finale was awesome though but I don't want to see Abby gone. I do think the baby is gone which is sad.

• Members

Didn't Maura Tierny (sp?) mention she wanted to leave sometime last year. I just got the feeling that she might be dead beacuse of Luca watching her at the end.

I agree the only ones I really like were Abby & Luca and a bit of Sam.

• Members

I have a feeling that the baby will survive... but will struggle for a while before anything else is done. I do think if the baby survives, then it will probably be written that Abby will not be able to have anymore children; and vice versa if the opposite happens.

The only reason I still watch is for Ray/Neela. So, I hope that starts to develop by the end of next season. I enjoyed the Pratt/Neela scenes at the funeral, those were touching and I loved the struggle Neela was dealing with.

• Members

From what I read Sally Fields will be returning next season as Abby's mom....

I have a feeling that Abby will make it, but Jerry won't....He lossed a lot of blood and Abby was going to get something to help Jerry when she passed out....that means time will be ticking for Jerry's survival.

I can't believe Sam's stupid ex husband wanted to get out of jail so bad that he had to join forces with another immate to do it....plus putting his son in danger in the process.

I stopped watching the minute Noah Wylie left...I still watch ER, but I watch the older episodes when all the original characters were on the show.....

• Members

It was the best episode this year-maybe even the best in 2 years. It definitely was the best finale in like 3 years because it had cliffhangers for 3 main characters. That ending with Luka and Abby was classic ER. I was just jumping up and down hoping someone would find Luka or Abby. Just seeing Luka struggling to get up was heartbreaking. I have grown so attached to them as a couple and they were why I watched this season. If Abby dies or loses that baby (maybe that is why Fields is returning) then Sam will feel major guilt and it may draw her and Luka back together while Abby pushes him away and finally the Sam/Luka/Abby triangle will start like it should have months ago. Sami got kinda pushed aside once she dumped Luka.

If Abby is out, so am I. I used to hate how ER become all about her but now I just love her with Luka.

I will be sad if Jerry is gone but I think he may be the death next season.

Oh, does anyone know if Scott Grimes is leaving? Morris mentioned a new job several times during the show so I am just wondering. I think he is rather funny so I hope he doesn't go. They need comic relief on the show.

I can totally see a Pratt/Neela/Ray triangle coming though.

• Members

Wow...what an incredible episode..What a great season finale...I had no idea Sam's ex was going to try an escape and i didn't see the twist coming with the EMT chick being in on it......Its funny i was just complaining to my friend that they hadn't done much with Sam lately, and this episode kicked it up a notch..And what a shocker to see Alex in the van..

Onto Abby and Luka..holy crap..I was in shock at the ending, now thats how you do a cliffhanger that will get fans excited for next season..Also poor Jerry's life hangs in the balance...

Finally the neela and pratt scenes were wonderful...I'm glad we got to see some flashbacks to gallant and neela, and i'm glad neela's told off her father in law...these scenes were very well filmed..

I'm so bummed we have to wait until september for the resolution to these cliffhangers, but i'm glad we get john stamos and no repeats...

• Members

I agree that this is best ER I have seen in a very long time.. I hope Abby does not lose the baby, I think ER goes to far with that... Carter just lost his. I assume Morris will be staying now, after he realizes how much he loves what he does, or he will leave and come back. I think Abby and Kovach will probably get married now.. They will realize how precious time is. As for Sam, She should have just kept her mouth shut she knew how crazy they were. And, what about Alex he was sitting in the van all day ?? Didn't he need his medicine or to eat ?? And who kidnapped him the girlfried... I knew something was up with her, but I would have never guessed that.. She was an emt on Third watch , right :blink:

• Members

I've watched ER on and off this season, and was glad I caught the finale. WOW! The ending was so riveting, with Luka chained to the gurney watching Abby faint to the floor.

OMG!! :o

I hope she doesn't lose the baby. I hear Sally Fields is back at the beginning of next season, so my thought is she's there to help or comfort Abby thru whatever she's going to go thru.

• Members

Does anyone know what the song playing at the end was and who sings it? I loved that song and it was so catchy so I was just wondering if anyone knew what it was.

Oh and the editing for the shootout scenes was superb. I love all the creepiness of the buildup to the shootout while Sam was helping Luka and walking Steve out of the hospital. The shootout scenes were well-directed and I absolutely loved when Sam was being dragged out and Alex was in the car. The lighting and the camera angles were great and suspenceful. I just love how there was a blinding light when they transitioned from one scene to another during all the chaos.

The hospital scenes with them all working on Jerry were great too. The direction and lighting was awesome especially with how the camera quickly moved from character to character. ER always has good directing but it seemed much different in this episode, especially in the last half hour.

This episode just caught me completely by surprise because ER has not been this good in a long time. I just hope they keep this up next season.

Archived