• Members
Posted (edited)

'Executive in Charge'...really...in charge of what? the car park?

It should state 'Exec in charge of Production' -typical Y&R -maybe they saved a few bucks leaving off extra words.

I would assume Kent is basically the exec producer, replacing Anthony Morina.

Josh had that title but surely it was in name only as he focused on the writing.

Not to be ageist, but having two men of a certain age in charge means we are going to see more of the same- a sensibility that reflects their experiences.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

His credit should be at the end of the show. Never has a soap done this before.

Edward Trach appears in closing credits as Executive in charge of production.

• Members

That's kind of what I was thinking.

https://deadline.com/2024/05/steve-kent-exiting-sony-role-the-young-and-the-restless-1235903470/
On May 3rd, Deadline said that Steve Kent 
"will become executive in charge of production on CBS’ 50-year-old daytime soap."

But I don't know exactly what that means.

The headline of that same Deadline article says that Kent
" Will Continue To Oversee ‘The Young And The Restless’ "

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't know if you saw what happened with GH, but that same racist twitter account commented about Tabyana Ali at the Emmy's and called her a racial slur that must not be posted here.  Tabyana called the person out, and then said a very appropriate statement.  Several of the GH cast posted in solidarity with Tabyana.   So that racist account has already been in the headlines since June 9.

Finally on June 18, the official GH social media accounts issued a strong statement against racism.  AND ..  the official GH twitter account has BLOCKED the racist account.  Frank Valentini has BLOCKED the racist account.    Nathan Varni has BLOCKED the racist account.  As have Laura Wright,  Maura West, Nancy Lee Grahn. etc. and other cast have BLOCKED it and/or retweeted or reposted on instagram the official statement from the GH account.

So it was discovered by Yvette Nicole Brown that the same racist tweeter had come after Y&R cast back on May 31, and YNB brought it to the attention of Y&R recently, so that must be when Eric Braeden  learned about it, so he responded.  It's totally appropriate.  That account's name contains GHYRBB so I hope the B&B cast/crew/staff also block it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

These scenes with Nick/Sharon and Faith/Teriah are so awkward. I don’t want to hear the details about my parents having sex or how I was conceived lol. Yet, the kids didn’t know Nick and Sharon had been unfaithful to each other, especially the Phyllis affair that led to Summer’s (Faith’s other half-sister’s) existence? 

At least the flashbacks are a reminder that JM can act when he wants to or is asked to step up beyond the flatline he often gives.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

That Kerry woman is attention-seeker, but she's also a blatant racist, and I'm glad Eric Braeden called her out.

Yes, she'll get more attention for 15 minutes, but none of it will be good. She's upset/hurt that so many at GH blocked her, so I'm fine with all of daytime going after her. Eric Braeden never had much of a filter, and now he has none. Good for him.