• Members

Just doing checks and balances here. Calling out the ridiculous rumors that Dan & Chris went from department to department looking for story ideas when they don’t even work in the building!! Checks and balances. Look at logic and don’t repeat stupid rumors. GH deserves better. 

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I entirely disagree about this. When this group was Joss, Trina & Cam basically, they were all developed, quite well if you ask me, as bosom buddies. High school friends, sure, about to face the challenges of college & potential separation. Spencer & Esme were added but the core 3 remained close. Think back to then. Did you think then that the only reason they were friends was somehow there wasn't anyone else for them to be friends with? 

• Members

I’m not talking about back then - I am talking in the present. The fact is Joss is the only one in that age group written for and given consistent screentime. Trina isn’t, and when she is on, most of her time is spent supporting Joss or talking about what’s going on in Joss’s circle. 

• Members

So I guess you have some proof that they never, ever, under any circumstances went to the studio? Right, I didn't think that you did. Where they worked regularly is irrelevant. This is not so called checks & balances, nor is it logical. And, none of those things pertains. What would be logical would be for you to stop dogging me & talking about what I post. You were told ages ago not to quote me. I think you don't understand somehow the spirit of the law. What you do is talk about what I post without quoting me. That's called cheating. 

Okay, cool. Now they are totally out of synch about regularly writing for Trina. If they would fix that, it would be different.

But, Joss is a good friend to Trina & she regularly turns the conversation to Trina & how she feels, how she's doing & if there is anything she can do. Trina is the only person where Joss makes an attempt to put her first. 

• Members

Okay.  Playing devil's advocate here.   Why would it matter if Chris or Dan were asking their writing teams for ideas?  Isn't that the whole point of having a writing team?  

If I was a GH writer and FV asked me to write a story about Violet or something I would ask others what ideas they have because my only idea would be to write her off/death.

• Administrator

Donna was saying Dan and Chris went to different department heads and "picking their brain" for ideas......which is utterly ridiculous.  Donna, just do yourself a favour and stop trying to be an insider with all this "behind the scenes info."  Otherwise, people have the right to make fun of these so called "scoops."  

• Members

Obviously.  LOL

But I don't understand why it's weird to make it a collaborative process.  GH has 100 actors in it's cast.  I don't think it's strange to ask other co workers if they have ideas or stories.

Thanks. Got it.  Like Dan and Chris were running over to wardrobe asking advice. Lol

• Members

I don't have a problem with them trying Gio with Trina. He's a cute kid and the show needs new non-core family blood. (And I guess tested for Aiden before Teschner suggested they bring him on as someone new.) My problem is just what others have said: They had to be held at gunpoint to make Trina into more than "Joss' ethnic best friend" (a la Starr and Langston on FV's OLTL) when the pairing with Spencer took off, and they still refuse to prioritize her or TA when Tabyana is easily the strongest young actress on the show IMO.

Those scenes at Spencer's grave showed real grace and interest from the now-exiting creative team, but it was ultimately all she got before PM quit. And that's because this show is deeply uncomfortable frontburnering Black characters, and needs them to be in second position to Joss and others. And I don't even dislike Eden - I think she works hard even if she's not exactly Kimberly McCullough. She could play a more nuanced, scheming or comic Joss. I buy the bond between Eden and Tabyana onscreen. But she can't lead the show.

• Members

Didn't say they were discussions with members of the writing team. Obviously those would go on all the time!

I was making a criticism of them not having ideas at a particular time, not always, but the basis of the criticism was being lacking in imagination, creative impulse, etc. 

And, I certainly don't bombard with information. Actually I think I only bring up tidbits, and not all the time either, just on occasion. I've also been clear that if people are not interested, fine, just scroll on by. 

• Members

I would only ask who were Dan and Chris asking ideas to?

Catering? Makeup? Wardrobe? Lighting?

This info is just very unclear.  You posted they were going to others to find ideas.  I assumed it was the writing team, but I guess that was not the case in your opinion.

• Members

There's just so much entitlement surrounding Joss, because of who her mother is, and what that is meant to mean for how we see her. Very unearned. Has Joss ever had a story, or a pairing, or any relationship, that most viewers responded to? I know many of her fans hate Trina and want Trina off the show, but nothing is going to change when Trina leaves (which presumably won't be long), because she is so vacuous. 

Even Bill Bell, nepo king, was not threatened by how much more talented Tricia Cast was than LLB, and instead kept them in close story that benefited both actresses and characters.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Judging from what Chris wore to the Daytime Emmys, their advice fell on deaf ears.

Edited by Khan

• Members

thankfully Morgan not returning.
Errol said "Soap Opera Network has learned that the show has no current plans to revisit the Morgan Corinthos character or for Craig to return as a newly created character."
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/66807-article-“who-could-it-be…”-ponders-bryan-craig-on-returning-former-male-cast-member-to-‘general-hospital’

• Members

There are plenty of ways to make Joss (and Eden) work IMO. But none of them involve her being the central teen queen. They've tried and tried and it just doesn't happen.