• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't pretend I was watching regularly, but I did have more interest in the show again, after ignoring it (more out of apathy than any rage) for most of the last decade, but the analyses and interest from you and others in this thread did help capture my interest again. It could never last, but it was a nice dream. 

• Members

To me... it is sad. Since I was just beginning to watch and... wanting to see how PM will do as HW... Now I will never know. And... I know lots of people were saying it's not better, but as a person who didn't have anything to compare it to... I liked it a lot.

But... if this is right for the show... I am not equipped to tell. I am just sad, don't know why. 

• Members

It's shades of Corday's long codependent relationship with Dena Higley or Tomlin/Whitesell tbh. Any time something got too bold it was back to them as his security blanket despite Dena being nightmarish and panned for years. Or, I suppose in a different way, whatever the hell has gone on with Y&R/Sony and Josh Griffith for years.

FV has built and controlled the creatives at GH since RC got fired - D&C were his people and wrote largely what he wanted. PM was loud, had a proud reputation at GH predating all of them and was not a yes man. It doesn't take Encyclopedia Brown to crack this case. It's the same old lazy, safe stuff to keep control.

• Members

Yeah, for me, that was another, earlier sign (earlier than Van Etten's name showing up again) that something was amiss.  Since I don't have to be polite anymore about it, I'll just say that I thought that idea (the poisoned hip) was junk from the beginning and smacked of the kind of idiotic bullshit that Van Etten would come up with.