• Members

TBH, I wasn't as IN love with Sprina as others were (and still are).  As a couple, they were okay, but they had nothing on the couples I grew up watching, like Philip and Beth, or Greg and Jenny, or even Jesse and Angie.

Well, it's certainly Frank Valentini's way! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I wasn't either.  Sprina was fine.  I never got the hype though.  I actually thought the first Trina and Chavez had more chemistry.  I would still keep Trina and Portia and dump the rest of the family.  I still think they have untapped potential.  And I don't see why you couldn't have both and add more Wards.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I love all you guys, but these lists of who you want to cut have my head spinning.

When I look at these lists, I see GH being gutted, and I really don't know what you want to see on our screens. It feels like you're making cuts without regard to how those characters play with other characters on the show.

I have complained constantly about the bloated cast on GH. If a character is mentioned as one who could be dropped -- like Finn or Drew -- I can agree. But these long lists? I cannot picture what the canvas would look like if those cuts happened.

I feel qualified to complain, but fixing this is above my pay grade. I know that something should be done, but I don't know what.

• Members

I only really enjoyed Sprina with Sydney in the role. However, I do think they should try with Trina—make her Taggart’s daughter again like people say and bring back Gia maybe down the line. They need to commit to ONE Black character, and she actually became the rare “crossover hit.” The bright side is she’s somewhat of a blank slate. She’s such a thin character and she hasn’t been through the ringer like Sasha, so there are still places to go with her.

• Members

Your eyes are working perfectly. 80% of the major cast is useless or burnt out.

Most of a soap ensemble has been dumped before, including on this show, and more than once. It doesn't all have to happen overnight. But it does need to happen.

• Members

I also think people (including myself) with these long lists of cuts have ideas of who to bring back or bring in.  So while it seems like the canvas would be entirely empty there is also a list of potential characters to replace those dumped.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Anyway, we're doing this, huh? Okay. Assuming actual power was no object:

CUT:

• Tajh Bellow (T.J. Ashford)
  • Steve Burton (Jason Morgan)
  • Chad Duell (Michael Quartermaine)
  • Michael Easton (Hamilton Finn)
  • Tanisha Harper (Jordan Ashford)
  • Adam J. Harrington (John "Wagger" Cates)
  • Evan Hofer (Dex Heller)
  • Josh Kelly (Cody Bell)
  • Katelyn MacMullen (Willow Tait Quartermaine)
  • Sofia Mattsson (Sasha Gilmore)
  • Kelly Monaco (Sam McCall)
  • Amanda Setton (Brook Lynn Quartermaine Chase)*
  • James Patrick Stuart (Valentin Cassadine)
  • Josh Swickard (Harrison Chase)
  • Kristen Vaganos (Molly Lansing-Davis)
  • Donnell Turner (Curtis Ashford)
  • Laura Wright (Carly Spencer)*

* - I'd bring BLQ back solo in early '25, either recast or with AS if she reconsiders her stance on actually playing romance. And I've changed my mind - if we're deep in fantasy camp I would cut LW and bring back Sarah Brown as Carly, fúck it!

This would not be an immediate mass exodus. Some of these would be gradual over time, others would be pairs or groups. If you stick a gun to my head then yes, I'd cut JK even if I think Cody can do a lot more as the fun roving stud around the canvas. While I think the potential for Willow with Drew and Nina is intriguing, I'd also write her out, possibly after playing out that arc but she serves no other purpose for me. And Michael needs to be gone for a couple years, and recast.

I wouldn't cut Drew and Nina assuming the current story setup with them could continue. If it can't and Korte reverts them to form they both gotta go.

I'd kill Jason for good - Steve has publicly claimed he wants to retire in two years anyway. It serves no purpose to continue to fumble for things for the very limited character to do at his advanced age. If Jason dies then there is no reason to kill off Sam as that's too grim, but she would leave town (Danny might stay or come back to stay with the Qs for schooling). I'd put Maurice on a Geary-style set of breaks. Sonny would be gone a lot until such time as Vanessa Marcil can be arranged. Probably in prison.

As for the recurring multitude, Robert Gossett (Marshall) is off-contract already and hasn't been seen in weeks, so he's a non-issue. I believe Bradford Anderson is also on recurring, so he's not an issue but I would keep Spinelli appearing for Maxie, at least for now. If money is truly needed you can probably put Kristina Wagner back on recurring, since it's how she appears anyway. But to point to a few people who would be gone, not for money purposes but for creative ones:

CUT:

• Eva LaRue (Natalia Rogers-Ramirez)
  • Jacqueline Grace Lopez (Alison "Blaze" Rogers)
  • Jophielle Love (Violet Finn)
  • Jeff Kober (Cyrus Renault)
  • Alley Mills (Heather Webber)

I may have forgotten someone, but oh well. Diane is much more tolerable in doses as Alexis' Mini-Me with Alexis back in the law, so that's all she's needed for there.

I wouldn't cut Tabyana because I think she's very strong when given actual material, as she was at Spencer's grave. She can and should be leading the youth set. I'd find someone new for her. I wouldn't cut Eden because I think she works hard and if you let Joss be what she's supposed to be (a spoiled rich girl and troublemaker, probably with a comic edge) she can have fun, and if a recast is needed down the line you can do it. I wouldn't cut Maura because I think she has a few more miles to go before you ice Ava for good or at least write her out. And Brook Kerr can shine with the right partner as well, preferably someone like Justus Ward. I also think Kate Mansi is almost singlehandedly holding up a lot of the show right now, so yes I'd keep her and showcase her.

I'd also put Hudson West on a contract, and offer Rena one. And then would come the flood of the new.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

Actually the real things I'd do if power was no object is cut both Maurice and Laura (or at least Laura) and bring back Sarah Brown. But I didn't go that far lol. Scratch that, I did for Carly.

Edited by Vee

• Members
Posted (edited)

What I would do in charge of GH

1. Kill Sonny in a mob war

2. Recast Lucky & Lu Lu

3.Put Adam Huss on Contract as Nikolas

4.End the Heather Story

5. Have Laura re-examine her life

6. Build the next generation

7. Have Trina go on an adventure that leads her to Spencer.

Edited by John