• Members

Hahaha. 

I'm scared to put it out there because no one wants a 'reboot' of past slights, but I do wonder since the writers are building up Dante/Sam and Sam/Jason in terms of relationship if they will just do that or dare they have Jason/Liz circling each other again. Of course, I'm bias. lol. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That’s why I don’t think BTS is the backbiting power struggle these online folks say it is right now. Because he would just walk. This is somebody that was retired and hadn’t even worked on the show in decades. Hell, he spent more time writing at B&B than he did at GH!

He absolutely prefers short, plot driven stuff he can chop up inside episodes and cut and paste into other episodes as is needed. More dialogue also means more possibility of errors, which means more takes. He moves the cameras around more than the show did when it was very dialogue heavy back in the day, so I’m sure that is a challenge too. I’m not saying FV loves this. I’m just saying I don’t think there is this epic war happening. Why wouldn’t Mulcahey just quit?

• Members

Laura will not publicly advocate for Heather due to the political cost. Instead, Alexis will become her advocate. Alexis will pull off the impossible and get Heather released.

Laura may abandon her political career to focus on family. Laura wants to rebuild the Hardy-Webber clan.

• Members

I'm so glad you've brought this up. I've done the math. Casting Miller would de-age Lulu, yes, but it would de-age the role closer to what her actual age should be in real-time, and technically, Lulu is meant to be 35 years of age.  Introduced in 1994, and her "birth date" was revised to 1988 with the casting of Julie Marie Berman, who is aged 40. Emme Rylan (aged 43) is the one whose casting kind of shook things up a bit. To me, Miller would be the PEFECT casting for Lulu, talent-wise and appeal-wise. She has that spitfire that Lulu needs back, and I know she'd shine opposite Genis Francis & Dominic Zamprogna.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think it would bother me.  I can see it.  I just feel weird with another Abby playing Kristina who is a generation younger than her plus Lulu having two teen children.  I do think Mansi projects younger than Miller though for whatever reason.

ETA-I just realized Mansi is actually a year older than Miller lol.  It has to be the way the two style themselves.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Honestly, that's part of the allure of wanting Miller as Lulu: having both Abigail's on the canvas, and just how cheeky it could be. But, in reality, I've wanted Miller on General Hospital for some time now, even pre-dating Kate Mansi's casting as Kristina (and I casting I quite like). Miller has that ethereal look that I adore, and her acting style just suits a soap opera, but would also suit Lulu as a spitfire Spencer, which is who should return post-coma (way past due). Plus, Miller has rapport with the General Hospital cast, so I do think she'd fit in quite well. And, visually, she just suits the role (from my POV).

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Please and thank you!

Of all the characters on the show, if Laura wrote an honest book about her life story it would be riveting! Her childhood with the Vinnings and Lesley finding her is already fascinating, and that is all before she starts accidentally killing people and married her rapist.

• Members

I know this is the GH thread _ I'm  just replying to comments about who could potentially be cast as Lulu Spencer.

I disliked Marci Miller's portrayal of Abigail on Days.  I found her style to be dull and it literally put me to sleep.  Yes I know she had an arc of episodes that were more intense; but still just not my cup of tea at all. 

I found Marci Miller's acting style to be the opposite of spitfire and my personal opinion is that she's NOT the right casting for Lulu.    The actress Marci seems like a genuinely nice person and I sincerely wish her the best. I just don't want to see her as Lulu.

It's been interesting to read through the years, on various messageboards and social media platforms -- it seems like Days viewers were evenly divided about whether they preferred Kate Mansi or Marci Miller as Abigail. 
Non-scientific, just my observations, LOL. 
Just that there's no "right" or "wrong" opinion about the Abigail actresses.