• Members
Posted (edited)

The original Kate story worked. I recall very vividly these same fools ranting at Cynthia Watros online and Frank about Nina breaking up Sonny and Carly. Maurice spoke out about it a couple of times. That group of people are best ignored.

My feeling from the beginning was we won’t see real movement until  May/early summer. They are taking a bit too long to rearrange the deck of the Titanic when it comes to many of these characters.

This is what happens when you hire new writers and put them immediately to work without a bible or time to strictly focus on where they want things to go instead of slowly shaping it day by day. I am constantly reminded of SSM returning to Y&R. The characters and scripts were so much stronger, they just didn’t have stories to propel them.

The reason I am still a little hopeful is that Mulcahey is a much stronger writer than SSM. 

Edited by titan1978

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I just don't think they are interested in bibles at the networks anymore, tbh. Many times it's just been 'hop in!' and work with all sorts of constraints. I hope that changes here, and I'll be curious to see how The Gates turns out.

Edited by Vee

• Webmaster

For Friday, May 3, 2024, GH is 15th out of 15 on Hulu's Top 15 list:

Please register in order to view this content

Of note, the show is ranked 7th among ABC's current series. Yesterday, GH was ranked 5th. The Rookie remains number one overall on the Hulu chart. As the weekend comes, 9-1-1 and Grey's Anatomy are expected to move higher on the list.

• Members

Wait, so Nina basically acting very promiscuous with Drew when she's never really acted that way before and exchanging sexual favors in a desperate attempt to rebuild any semblance of a relationship with her daughter is actually considered to be character-driven? Okay then... 

• Members

Loved today too. Lot of Good stuff. Carly was soclose to getting to the meds truth. Ava is still up to something i dunno

I liked the congressman with Drew & Nina. Was that Sam McMurray in the role?

Yes Trina, Joss still wants Dex. I am not shocked Joss wants to change majors. She is flaky

TY Alexis for asking Kristina about the baby

He either whispers or yells but no real emotion

• Members

As opposed to lying to everybody about Sonny still being alive and all the other crazy stuff Nina has done since she arrived with both actors? If my option is the Nina we had before who was a jittery, crying mess obsessed with Sonny, or the one we have now that has so much more going on…I will take the current version. This one is at least fun to watch. And she made CM’s Drew tolerable to watch!

• Members

Nina was pretty awful when she was with Sonny but she really isn't that much better in Drew's orbit. I feel like the writers are only using her as a prop for Drew. And we all know that her latest plot to win back Willow is going to ultimately fail anyway, as always, because Willow will never love Nina the way Nina wants her to. 

• Members

Great statement by NAC, but if it's all true, we won't get a recast Spencer.

We all know Chavez is too busy to return to GH right now. That means any return would come a good while from now, and if Chavez hits big in primetime and films, he'd be back for a short stint only.

Would Frank Valentini sideline the Spencer character indefinitely in hopes NAC will return one day? Unfortunately, I think he would -- and that hurts the show. The guy recasts all over the place, so I can't see holding Spencer for one actor who's likely not coming back.