GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Fair enough.  When you lay it all out there were some bad stories and characters.  I liked early Sonny/Carly for the most part, actually liked Courtney/AJ, thought the Deception relaunch had it moments, and enjoyed OG Emily and Zander and the beginnings of Jason/Liz.  I also didn't mind Sexis tbh.   But taking a gander briefly at recaps there were probably more misses than hits in that time period. 

I just remember really checking out during mid to late 2003.  I thought the Sam intro was ridiculous, Jason/Courtney are a drag, Dobson, the Panic Room stuff (although I think that was popular), the Lily lookalike, and Carly getting shot in the head by Sonny.  I just couldn't anymore.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes! From what I saw of 2002, Carly's presumed death, Sonny & Alexis's affair, Carly & Zander's friendship, Alexis's pregnancy and Kristina Sr's death, Brenda's return were all great... Didn't *Sonny also fake his death around that time, and Carly had to meet with the five families (which was repeated in 2021 lol) Damn that's alot of Sonny centered stuff. The sad part was Rick Webber and Laura's destructions.

From 2003 Ric and the panic room was good. I'm fuzzy on the rest.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

Sonny faked his death during Brenda's return but both Carly/Jason knew he was alive.  Sonny had a funeral and everything. She did meet with the five families and had a baseball bat she smashed on a table or something equally silly.  It was better than the 2021 scenes though.

It was heavily centered on Sonny in the early part of the year, but it moves into more Brenda and Jason centered stuff toward the end of the year (which obviously includes Sonny, so I guess that's not a great point).

The Rick/Laura stuff was pretty awful.

• Members

So, on to today's show.  Is anyone kind of irritated Brook Lynn ruined Lila's wedding dress for basically no reason?  I know it was 'unsalvageable', but I think I would have just left that dress alone and had Brook Lynn chose her own.  And that's the special dress for Brook Lynn's honeymoon?  Ugh...

Please register in order to view this content

I am 100% sure Lois is going to look hotter and sexier than her own daughter at the wedding.

The combination of Michael, Drew, and Curtis in the same scenes is mind numbing.  Although Nina bursting in was mildly humorous.

I am already resigned to Carly/Jagger and while they really aren't the worst as far as chemistry I am just not looking forward to it.  I agree with whoever said two blondes shouldn't date.  Carly/Jagger look like brother/sister in the most Flowers in the Attic type way lol.  Again, Nina seeing Carly/Jagger was the best part of those scenes.

It's still extremely hard for me to believe the 5 star Metro Court has fallen so far solely because of Nina.  Olivia isn't handling the room service department?  She doesn't even let people touch the Quartermaine kitchen.

Is the Intruder Office in the Metro Court?  Because Nina was really zooming around town quite quickly if not.  Clearly, I am about to start a Nina fan club at this point, but she's been the MVP of the last few episodes.

You know, TJ probably should have expressed his thoughts before Kristina was actually impregnated.  I don't think TJ was ever very clear about his ambivalence until today.

Yay for Alexis getting a hearing about her law license!!

I feel like Anna/Valentin have the same boring conversation about Pikeman all the time.  It's not interesting at all.

• Members

As far as I am aware, yes, The Invader is based within the Metro Court. It is housed on the seventh floor.

Setting up for Carly to re-claim it via Jason's re-purchase of her shares...? Because, firing one personnel person does not mean it falls apart.

• Members

Ha!  I originally typed The Spectator and knew that was wrong.  Thanks for the correction, but don't blame me if I call it the Intruder again lol.   

I am sure they are setting up Nina's fall and Carly's gain to get the Metro Court back, but it's not even believable.  And IIRC, if Carly didn't like a guest she would just barge into their rooms unannounced and have fights in the lobby.  But, BEST. BOSS. EVER.