GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh, both of those would've been magic in casting. But Paul Anthony Stewart seems happy in New York with his partner, so that'd be a no-go, although, it'd be awesome to see him reunite with Laura Wright once again.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think both PAS or JV would be a great choice for the role.  I am coming around on AH as an actor.  I think he's doing well with the material that he is given.  He's just not Jagger or anything that resembles the previous take on Jagger.  I am okay with a character evolving and a different actor making the character their own, but AH's John/Jagger is a completely different character.  They share the same name, but that's the only similarity.   I still am curious why the show felt the need to bring Jagger back at all as AH could have played this character as someone new and done the same things.  Being mad at Sonny for something that happened years ago and knowing Jason in high school doesn't really have much impact on the story thus far.  An FBI agent doesn't need a deep seeded reason to hate Sonny/Jason.  He could just hate them because, you know, they are criminals lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

When he was first brought back I think it was just another dumb easter egg thing for fans who jizz over literally any connection to the past regardless of whether the idea is any good. I don't think it was that deep lol. I do think they're making the best of it at present. I still see no need for a long-term role.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I did like this:

Jason: You lied to me! Why should I honor our agreement, Jagger?! You knew my mother. And you engineered a situation where I would have to lie about not being alive. 

But I would have to admit that it is a pretty thin reason to craft a character. 

• Members

Even that threw me because it made Jason look dumb and although Jason isn't my fave he's not an idiot.  Putting aside the fact that Jason has apparently never heard of Jagger or seen a picture of him or didn't recognize the last name Cates, I can't believe he didn't do the most minimal research on his FBI handler.  It's a very minor detail, but I know Karen, Sonny, Robin, and Brenda have discussed Jagger with post-accident Jason.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'm sure I've said this before, but AH could have played someone who never forgave Sonny for turning his sister, who worked at Sonny's old club, onto stripping and later drugs - much like Sonny did with Karen - and absolutely nothing about the story or his motivation would've needed to be altered.

I'd sooner believe that Patrick Mulcahey read my suggestions and has convinced Frank Valentini to hire Justin Deas to play Tracy's new love interest, chief medical examiner Howard "Howie" Hawks.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I also have a hard time believing Jason doesn't know who Jagger Cates is and couldn't do the minimal digging after he got drafted by the feds (I also thought they shared scenes in NS2). But I honestly don't care enough to be bothered, it's a reasonable enough storyline and Jason has rarely cared about much outside of the immediate mob orbit in the last 25 years.

• Members

I mean, sure.  But we've seen Jason allowed to have both weapons and a phone.  So they trusted Jason enough with a gun and electronics.  You can google on a phone lol.  Even burner phones have internet.

Yes!  Crystal could have been his sister (the girl that od'ed on heroin that presumably gave Stone AIDS).  Perfect!   More motivation than something that happened to Jagger's dead ex-wife.

• Members

Also, it is repetition of history that the downfall of every lawman who goes against Sonny only does so for personal reasons.  They seem to do that to justify Sonny's defense.  He's just a coffee importer, but the feds have a vendetta against him.