BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Members

I have no idea who this fella is but he would fit for me in a dual role. A loving charismatic young doctor and a wicked club bouncer. Bring it Dr. Demarco and Evil Demetrius. Lol.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I want a power couple named Stefan and Alicia. Stefan, pro athlete turned tech mogul, and Alicia, WAG turned event planner extraordinaire. Guess who I'm basing them on?

• Members

P&G and CBS were more conservative with soaps, but it's been almost 15 years since P&G did anything plus LGBTQ+ characters/storylines are somewhat in vogue overall so there is a good chance of some representation.

• Members

Ya'll worrying about characters, and all I can think is, I hope The Gates' opening theme isn't trash. I pray Michele Val Jean is met with people working alongside her that care about the show in all aspects of it's production. No flops please.

• Members

What I wish for... is a realistic show about people I can relate to... No over the top camp. I hope to see storylines that are classic, but done in a new refreshing way. I like to see archetypes like Don Juan, like Medea, like Othello, why not even Romeo and Juliet - it never gets old. 

I don't want a huge cast, but a medium sized one with a strong female OLDER Lady Lead that can be a strong woman Matriarch - this is very important to me, since I feel a lot of show need this character just to catalyze things. I just want it to be WRITTEN well and have a feeling of substance and meaning. I don't want random changes and random twists just for the sake of it. I don't want another Bold. For the intro I want something new and that I haven't seen before. Stylish and not overly attention-seeking.  Something more modern and demure - no camp. The soaps have this horrible reputation of being tacky and over the top and I just feel it's time for a different take. I love camp from time to time, but... please no mints, toes and staplers in this drama. And please - no returning back from the dead. 

I will probably not get all my wishes, but the most important thing is the storyline and the characters - I hope their Bible is strong and they have invested lots of time and thought into it. The archetypes and heroes/villains should be well crafted with a CLEAR past, motivation and goals and hints for the future in the show.

That's my 2 cents.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I hope you're talking about the ancient Greek tragedy and not the Tyler Perry travesty.

I'm joking.

That...?  Should be very easy to accomplish.

Edited by Khan

• Members

The matriarch being more of a grey character would be compelling. Not all good and not all bad is often not utilized as a character option (save when a villain has a rare moment of decency). Subtle vibes of favoritism between children would give great depth to stories.