BREAKING NEWS: 'The Gates' Will Debut in January 2025

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And surprising perhaps in that a lot of folks have felt the show and/or Sony or the network worked for a long time to disassociate itself from its Black stars and audience for years. I wonder if that means anything will ever materially change at Y&R. I still have doubts. I certainly don't expect Victoria Rowell to ever return, though her turning up on The Gates would not shock me.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Anything is possible with Disney/ABC, to say that it is not going to happen at all is naive from a business perspective. Did anyone think CBS would do what they did ? Most would have said no. ABC owns GH - big difference. I bet it still makes money for Disney. If it didnt do you think Iger would still have it on the air. 

CBS is willing to take a business risk. So Iger and Disney/ABC would not take a risk if B&B became available? Or revive a soap? Iger had gone on record that ABC and the Disney streaming platforms need more content. It is all about the money.

You may be right. But the Bells own B&B and they can move it anywhere if CBS decides to not renew.

Edited by JoeCool

• Members
Posted (edited)

That is true. 

Maybe the Bells would sell a stake. WHat people fail to see is business always changes. And I was just laughed at not by you. SO you know what I am respectfully leaving. P&G back in the soap business?  Business it is all about making money, selling products and goods and selling ads.

Edited by JoeCool

• Members

ABC has enough soap properties that they don’t need to pick up B&B but GH is regularly in Hulu’s top ten so I wouldn’t be surprised if we see that AMC reboot revisited either on Hulu or ABC. Post strike I feel like everybody is looking at affordable alternatives and now that’s soaps. 

I am not surprised by any of this and I’ve been anticipating something big for soaps since Days went to Peacock. There is not other explanation for the surge in subscribers they got last year. A year of Days costs less than any of their other scripted programming and is driving year round subscriptions to them. Of course they won’t publicly say that but there is no other reasonable explanation. 

Now with The Gates, I can’t say I feel bad if something does happen to B&B. Brad hasn’t been trying and hasn’t allowed that show to evolve. You cannot convince me that anybody is putting in any effort this year. You know CBS must be fuming looking at the show and not having any input in it. My question is: does Brad even care? I just can’t get a handle on him. He seems to have no ambition outside of B&B and he has no passion in the show either but for whatever reason wants to be the HW. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Brad is just like the rest of the writers...Ron etc etc. They write what they like and not what the audience might want to see. They get hung up on their favorites and only write for them. The stories are usually repetitive or just bad.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Bold is the most internationally successful, still, to this day, soap in the history of soaps. The idea that Bold will be in danger because of this is... not based on facts. I wished it was! Since it would make Bradley do something other than mints, toes and staplers. But Bold is definitely not in danger. It will be the last standing soap, I am sure of it.