GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My idea for a Ward return was always bringing back Justus from Witness Protection (either Joe Phillips who still looks pretty good or someone a bit younger, maybe to pair with Portia) to shore up both them and the Qs as a patriarch. Then I figured either Keesha as a social activist of some sort, maybe Maya or the oft-mentioned Zoe or someone entirely new. There's plenty you can do. I have no idea who could play her but people have mentioned some good names (Sherri Saum is not likely ever coming back to daytime though lol).

• Members
Posted (edited)

I guess Jason figured Danny had to get involved in the family business at some point, so might as well make him an accessory

Please register in order to view this content

Wait we skipped over Michael finding out about Jason?!

Jason’s been back a day and Drew had already grown out his depression beard. I honestly don’t feel bad for Drew. Back when Jason came back to life the first time, Carly and Sonny dropped him so fast your head could’ve spun off. The fact that he’s now in a relationship with Carly makes no sense to me but I guess things changed when I wasn’t watching.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members
Posted (edited)

I remarked elsewhere yesterday that if LC were available this entire dynamic would be different.

John, this is not a rumor. This is known. Although your phrasing ot it is a bit off. He was offered the opportunity to play what might have won him an Emmy, that of some miracle medical tech healing his TBI & restoring him to a whole person whose brain would work 100% & also like other people's brains work. He declined. Often actors have the opportunity to say they do or don't choose to do certain stories. But, if you add to that his complaining that he had too many lines to learn at DAYS, then I think it means he is a lazy actor & he likes the monosyllabic Jason M. 

One small point. If he did it he wouldn't become Jason Q, he'd become some new creature a combo of a fixed brain & JasonQ's memories & JasonM's life experiences. I refer to him as Jason Q/M. 

And, this was years ago that it was offered to him. 

1. It's not Frank. It's either his assistant or their social media person Jason or someone posting as if they were Frank. 2. Wasn't that particular one absolutely hilarious?!!!

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine 2 posts

• Members

Why would he want to play Jason Q? He did that before and it was a dead end. He didn’t even become popular with the audience until Jason Morgan. I mean look at Drew, the more he is like what this hybrid Jason would be, the more they sideline him. Both with Billy Miller and Ryan Lavery. And yes, this has been the rumor for years.

Personally, without characters like Alan, Monica, Emily, and Edward, or even Robin, Jason Q is irrelevant. It’s too late for this to have deeper meaning.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, Steve vetoing Jason Q is a story older than dirt. It's not news. Do I wish he'd gotten his Q memories back long ago, of course. Doesn't mean Jason Morgan needs to go away but it would alter the character. The issue is Steve doesn't want to play anything complex. He wants to come in, wear the same outfit, shoot guns and go home. It's never going to happen.

I do think BM's Jason/Drew was an evolution of a sort for the character. Miller's faux Jason played the relationships with the Quartermaines, Monica, Jake, etc. differently and tenderly, and that bled over into Drew. The show then tried to compensate when Steve returned by trying to reverse-engineer some of the same bonds with Steve's real Jason (especially with Jake) but they've never really managed to put it over.

I think Drew as a character - a warmer, kinder man with both a background in action like Jason and a head for business and the Q-style intrigue - can and should work. The problem is they have zero investment in Drew with Jason around, as you say. And CM has done little to distinguish himself since shaving the gulag beard. He is basically playing a variation on himself or Ryan Lavery. Would I put Drew back on the shelf and await a charismatic actor for real investment if it was up to me? Sure. But that's in a paradigm where Jason would not be the priority of the two or Drew can get at least real consideration, and that paradigm does not exist IRL. The character has only ever existed as a Jason stand-in. It's too bad.

Edited by Vee

• Members

But, years ago, when it was offered, most of those Qs were probably pretty frontburner. Evaluating it now, when it's not a thing, really has no meaning. But, in the past possibly it would have been very relevant. But, again, he wouldn't have become JasonQ, he'd have been JasonNu or JasonUnknown. But, I do agree that it makes no sense now & I don't think anyone thinks it would either. 

I think responsible gun owners never miss a chance to teach responsible gun ownership. Jason saw Danny looking at the gun & he gave what I thought was an excellent parental reaction. 

• Members

I think you are correct about that.  Zoe was younger than Maya who was Ethan's contemporary, so I would assume she'd be about Michael's age.  Obviously that could be changed, but I think that's a good assessment of how old she's supposed to be.

Hasn't Steve Burton already won an emmy?  Back when he tried?  Why would he stretch himself more?  His work is done lol.

I agree with everyone else.  He should have gotten his memories back ages ago, but it doesn't matter much now.  Drew essentially has become what Jason would be with Q memories IMO.

• Members

I was kidding about hooking him up with Laura - although, you're right, it would be funny to watch DT's reaction, lol - but my point is, we don't need a retread of Jason/Carly, or Jason/Liz, or Jason/Sam.  If they must pair Jason with someone - and I agree, I'm fine with him going it alone - then pair him with someone new.

Yaaaaaaas, lol.