GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, they have grown closer over the last few years. Especially when Anna was not attached to the force or WSB.

However, did Anna and Sonny have the official 'I'm back as Commissioner so this is a warning' scene?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

3-6

I guess I see what you all are talking about in terms of pace. Stuff definitely is happening. I think it's well paced...just look at this cliffhanger of Ava telling Sonny as Spin tells Maxie. And that's just the start. Perhaps we are all used to the writers on these shows these days just taking their time with a return or a story. It's not tooo fast, but definitely not slow. So...just right?

But the amount of personal scenes have definitely increased. Laura and Cyrus having a moment. Heather trying to escape, using her brains again rather than being cray cray. Olivia and Sam talking about Dante's childhood and where the relationship (convenient now that Jason is back). John throwing Sonny's past in his face...thank God those confrontation scenes are getting better. I really, really love the scene with BLQ and Tracy where Tracy talked about how she misses Lila to this day. So resonating. 

Is it me or was Alexis and the gossip columnist guy sparking a bit?

And I liked the sprinkle of humor the writers was doing with Ava abruptly leaving scenes without saying what was up. Usually the humor is not at all subtle, so I missed that.

So far, I think all the episodes this week have ended on good notes/cliffhanger. Could tomorrow be more of the same? It's been a minute since there was a Cliffhanger Friday methinks.

That's something that I have been noticing more. History is actually being touched on AND mentioned. 

Sounds great.

• Members

I'm having more interest in him now for 2 reasons. 

Ava is playing him. I can't figure it out because of the risk since he is Avery's papa. But I am loving it.

I think we've been set up for a story I did not think Mo would let them tell & that is Sonny vs. Jason. 

• Members

I might be wrong but I think I see that people are going to have to decide whether they're Team Sonny or Team Jason. Team Sonny is going to think what Ava just pitched & see Jason as the one targeting Sonny & the other mob members. "Stone Cold" is where "Stone" comes in. 

We know Jason saved Sonny by jostling the sniper's arm just as he took the kill shot. Carly is not gonna believe Jason is out to kill Sonny. Someone needs to find out that he saved Dante's life. 

• Members

Wow the Jason and Carly scenes were so good today. I don’t need the two to be romantic but that is a friendship that should always be prominent and they did not disappoint. Great acting from SB and LW especially when Carly had to tell Jason Bobbie was dead.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I posted about it in the thread about her original thing. I'm sure it is legal strategy but it is so offensive. She seems to say that it was his fault, not hers!!!! Also that if she caused any harm that it was "out of her control". Ridiculous!!!! A friend on Twitter outlined 5 different points when she made a choice. When she could have gone another way. Which brought up 4 Mollys in 4 months & that being her fault, entirely. Someone even suggested that doing this in the civil case could hurt her in her attempt to do a plea agreement. Can she say she is guilty of a lesser charge in criminal court while it's in the media that she is saying she did nothing in civil court?!!

Steve Burton really brought it today! Never expected to type those words. Both he & LW had tears in their eyes, on the brink of spilling over, but then didn't. 

How in heck did IAmJohn get a search warrant?!! There was no time. 

So, I figure Jason slipped away while Carly was arguing with the Feds & Anna. After they search & find nothing, they'll leave. Carly then will have NO IDEA where Jason has gone. Where would he go next? Sam? 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine 2 posts

• Members

Yes actually two different Pullos things in past week: trying to plea-deal about the criminal charges, and a separate matter which is requesting that the civil lawsuit be dismissed. 
The Pullos thread is here:
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/62953-article-haley-pullos-formally-charged-with-two-felonies-and-a-misdemeanor-following-near-fatal-crash

• Members

I have to ask you guys that have been watching for a while now in the years I wasn’t watching, how do you feel about Laura’s two brothers? They both feel so random and out of place to me. Did Laura really benefit from two random adult siblings?

Haven’t gotten to Jason’s return yet as I’ve been watching the Spencer/Esme go overboard episodes.