GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Poor TJ.  Molly/TJ were finally going to get a story and Haley Pullos had to mess it all up.

As far as DT, I agree there were missed opportunities in the past for his character and chemistry was ignored to pair him with a Black actress.  I don't think he's underutilized now.  In fact, he's over utilized IMO.  I honestly don't think DT and BK have much chemistry though, but there are many white couples on the show that have no chemistry too.  I hope the new regime will take that into account.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Exactly. Curtis is given the lion's share of story despite the fact that he's the least dynamic character and actor.

If Mulcahey has any power and if MVJ is truly back, my desperate hope against hope is we'll finally see a real Ward revival on the canvas. I remember JFP and Guza patting themselves on the back in the soap press over adding Annie Ilonzeh as Maya (and promising over and over to add her sister Zoe, which never happened) only to do nothing with her and to let her dip for a primetime gig and fizzle out for months. Imagine Steve Burton's (admittedly very weathered) face if they brought back Keesha.

• Members

Totally agree. They need a new Spencer. NAC just wasn't working for me once he got so high and mighty. All his scenes became Emmy reels. The overacting and fast talking was just too much. Trina needs a different Spencer when he comes back. And please don't cast for someone who is over 6' tall.

Of course! We all saw the turtle dove figurine laying in the water. RME

• Members

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be any rule that male or female actors should be taller/shorter than the actors who portray their romantic partners; and there doesn't need to be any rule about how much any height difference should be.

I like that actors in pairings sometimes have unconventional differences in height.  It's more relatable to real life.

• Members

People keep trying to 'subtly' intimate around this online and I have seen zero credible information. Just say 'I just don't like Spencer' (or Spencer and Trina, or their fans or whatever your poison may be) and go.

• Members

He certainly would not be the first or the last incredibly talented & good-looking young person with a vocal, active fan base, to develop an ego & an attitude & to want to jump ship & leave long before their contract date & well before they ever booked a second gig. Some people will see this while others may not. It's an old story. 

I imagine it is 99.99% sure that he had no knowledge of anything going on at the show. He would have no reason or rationale to not want to work with new writers. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more info