GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Seeing Lois reduced to what she's doing now hurts me.  Surely PM can find something for her to do other than what's going on right now.

@DeliaIrisFanI think the show said Lois still works in the recording industry, but I don't remember in what capacity.  L&B goes in and out of being a thing or in business, so I don't think she still has anything to do with that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, Rena Sofer's return was only supposed to be short-term (I think?) and it seems to be extended. I know discussions of a regular capacity were discussed but declined due to lack of regular males on-canvas, so...

I'm PRAYING Mulcahey is able to craft a longer term storyline for Rena. She was ending her tenure when he came on the writing staff, I believe?

• Members

No, I'm pretty sure he was there for most of her tenure. He wrote for B&B on staff for maybe 15 years. He left before she did.

I thought Lois still ran L&B all over the world. Shows what I know.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I remember a long monologue for Quinn (during her dalliance with TK/Ridge) about women being punished for their sexual desires that I knew instantly PM wrote.

It’s about 15 minutes in:

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

It seems like the first 35-40 years of Olivia's life—from what I remember reading online at the time she and Dante were introduced, and the exposition/recap she helpfully provided in the New Year's Eve episode—might have turned out differently if she had a BFF like OG Lois.  When Olivia screamed at Lois that Sonny shooting Dante was the worst moment of her life, I had a flash of something Lois once said to Brenda: "Are you going to stand by your man until he bleeds to death like some stupid country western singer?"

Agreed that Lois barely knows Jagger, if at all.  It makes sense they might have met when Stone was dying,but given Brenda's role as Ned's accomplice in his double life at the time of the wedding, she wouldn't have brought Lois to the wedding if she thought Lois would know anybody there, let alone the groom.

I also agree Lois would not be so overbearing, or at least if she were she would be trying to overcompensate for the Quartermaines' influence, not goading Tracy to spend yet more money on Brook Lynn's wedding. 

Even if the idea is that Lois has turned into her parents, which is maybe getting lost in translation because Rena has barely aged, Lois's mother was OK with the fact that Lois had eloped to a justice of the peace (with "Eddie").  I also can't believe Lois had so much more tact in her 20s than she does at this point in her life (Edward genuinely respected her business savvy, and now she's getting into screaming matches in people's places of business?).  And Lois was never blindly loyal to Sonny.

I was wondering that.  In the grand scheme of things, the writing for Lois isn't even in the top 20 list of what this regime needs to try and fix, but her return was one of the few pleasant surprises when I tuned back in this year for Bobbie's memorial.  (I already knew Lucy, Tracy, et al were featured semi regularly and looked amazing, but I also knew they were mostly rehashing scenes from the '80s and '90s.  Whereas Lois at this point is almost a blank slate.)  I'd selfishly love to see something good for her character.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

I could be wrong, but L&B has changed hands so many times that I know Lois hasn't owned it this whole time herself.  I am pretty sure she manages bands.  They made a Ricky Martin joke, I swear,  in 2023.  So she still manages Miguel Morez at least.

Wiki tells me ELQ owns L&B currently.

Also, THIS!  When Olivia said Lois wanted Sonny's approval the other day I was like.....what?  That's now how Lois and Sonny's friendship worked at all.  

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I don't even know how the music industry works these days, but I just assumed Apple, Amazon, et al, make most of the money BTS.  In any event, I can only imagine the '90s would have turned out to be a lousy time to be founding a startup record company, even one that had signed the fictionalized version of Ricky Martin.  I think it would be more interesting if Lois's company hadn't made it for real-world reasons, and that was still a sore spot for her, but she had nevertheless been able to parlay that experience into some industry that one or more other characters work in currently.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

Like I was saying my understanding is L&B still exists but Lois gave up on it years ago when Brenda bought it from her in 1998? and it's just been around with different owners since then.  She manages bands now which seems more lucrative and easier with the changing demands of the industry.  It also makes sense since that's where she started.  Clearly she's not super busy if she has months she can just hang out in Port Charles though lol.

• Members

The scene circa New Year's Day when Lois was egging Sonny on not to "forgive" CW's character was the most bizarre I've seen.  Unless Lois has some history with Nina that went completely over my head, if Lois even cared one way or the other, she should have reminded Sonny how things turned out the last time he exiled a woman who "betrayed" him and asked him how many more chances he thinks he's going to get.

• Members

Genuinely wild to see good dialogue on modern B&B. So much of that show ran together for me when I tried watching it for awhile during somewhere around this time, for the actors like Heather Tom, Rena, etc. And you're right, unmistakable. This is why I feel confident we'll know if ghostwriting starts to happen early.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Ah.  Maybe.  But they always had chemistry, it's just that Lois knows (or knew) better.

Actually, has Lois had any substantive scenes with Michael?  It just occurred to me that Sonny's adopted son and a Quartermaine heir running ELQ might seem to Lois like an unholy alliance between two forces she was always ambivalent about.  It would make more sense if Lois had told Sonny about Nina because she wanted to thwart whatever Michael was up to in keeping that secret, to make sure her daughter didn't get caught up in it.

Edited by DeliaIrisFan

• Members

I think I probably wasn't that clear lol.  But I don't think she has anything to do with L&B in the current day.

It sure did seem like a chem test and those lines from Olivia about Lois always needed Sonny's approval or to be closer to Sonny (I'm paraphrasing) set off some alarm bells in my head too!