GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Members

I don’t think there are many current U.S-based producers or writers who would go down the U.K. route of just writing a load of characters at once.

Case in point, this stunt killed off 6 characters in one go (though one died 2 episodes later for the drama):

The same producer then axed about 8 characters in the space of a week and a half on Family Affairs in 2003.

Then about 11 characters over a 2-3 week period I believe in Hollyoaks years later in 2010.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'll bet he is, lol. GH has hired a lot of low-rent meatheads in the last decade but the C-tier romantic loser opposite Scott Clifton is not needed on the show.

Jonathan made himself damn near irreplaceable all over again when he came back to the show despite lousy storylines he didn't like, which is why the show has not recast since. If Guza had had any sense the buddy cop duo of Lucky and Dante would've run the show for years to come like Luke and Scorpio did in the '80s. It was all right there and they squandered it; they were beyond foolish to alienate him enough to leave. After another decade-plus since he left I'm open to a new Lucky recast at this point if the writing is there (which hopefully it will be) and there is no other option, but all these random hunks and failed soap stars don't add up to half a Jonathan Jackson lol. Even Greg Vaughan, a sweet, handsome guy who worked very hard on the show and had some marginal success in the role, never even came close.

As for the rest of GH's current regular cast: At least 60% are worthless and could be slaughtered or fired tomorrow. I do not give a fûck. I'm sure they're all real nice folks to talk to but I'm not here to watch the Best Friends Squad of Nice People Who Give Fun Interviews. Everywhere you turn there's either a worthless character, a boring actor or a character/actor combo pack who is beyond played out and should've exited at a minimum a couple years ago.

Edited by Vee

• Members

MASTERPIECE.

Patrick Mulcahey has class when he writes, that's what I love about him. The dialogue has that 80s, early 90s dramatic feel. GH will surely have some exciting years to come!