ALL: Imposters/clones/impersonate

• Members

I was curious as to storylines in any of the soaps since the 80s that contain an evil twin, mask disguise, identity theft/impersonation/ pretending to be somebody else, multiple personalities, surgical impersonation, etc. 

thanks

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Indemnity imposter or disguise
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Errol changed the title to ALL: Imposters/clones/impersonate
  • Members

Another World had the Love/Hudson twins, Victoria & Marley, mother Donna Love, father Michael Hudson. Their parents were not together when they were born. Donna was drugged for the birth & didn't know she had twins. Her father Reginald Love gave Vicky to be adopted by the Carsons. Marley was brought up being told she was Donna's younger sister. Victoria found out about Marley & Donna & came to town to exact vengeance on Donna & Marley & to get any benefits she'd not had the kind of life Marley had. Two actresses won Emmys playing the double role. Four total actresses played them. 

• Members

The most ridiculous of all soap storylines-that anyone has a an identical double or that you could have surgery to look exactly like someone else.

Anyway, I think it first got a workout on Edge of Night in the early 60's when the baddies had John Lambert impersonate Phil Capice. Ray McDonnell had a dual role.

Bill Bell would be turning in his grave when Y&R went that route several times.

Jerry Douglas portrayed Alistair who was a double for John Abbott.

And Victor had a South American criminal Marco, take the place of Jack Abbott. Not only was it ridiculous but unbelievable and insulting that Victor would be allowed to get away with that.

• Members

DAYS:

Kristen/Susan/Sister Mary Moira/Thomas/Penelope (all played by Eileen Davidson)

Hattie/Marlena

The Marlena Clones

Hope/Princess Gina

Rafe and the guy who impersonated him 

Edited by Lye-C

• Members

The two Mac’s was one of the worst stories GH has ever done. Especially when it hadn’t been that long since we had Ryan/Kevin, which was awesome.

For the historians- was Kitty/Kelly on AMC the first time they created a twin to bring an actor back after killing the first character they played?

Bill Bell did slap a wig and terrible mustache on David Kimble to terrorize Nina for another year after she shot him.

Didn’t Ben have a serial killer twin on Sunset Beach?

And the infamous Marlena Evans clones (five of them IIRC) are still out there, dispatched by Stefano to confuse her family. Oh James Reilly.

• Members

Derek? I think so.

And we never knew if they were really clones or just doppelgangers. 

DAYS had Marlena & Samantha, played by the Hall twins.

AMC had Adam & Stuart. 

GH had Ryan & Kevin. 

As I already said AW had Vicky & Marley. 

AMC had Cindy & ... ? 

DID: OLTL Viki & Nikki & Jean

DID: AW Sharlene, Sharly & Kate

AMC had a weird one with Dixie & Di. 

• Members

I agree, lol.

First of all - and I am very reluctant to admit this, because y'all know how much I feel about Susan Lucci - but as anyone who watched "Double Edge" could tell you, Ms. Lucci (bless her heart) can't handle playing more than one role at a time.

Second, whichever HW cooked up the idea tanked it almost immediately by making "Jane Campbell" someone we never had seen or heard of before.  As a matter of fact, I don't remember even seeing Jane's face pre-plastic surgery!  She just popped up looking already like Erica!  That's just bad storytelling.

Yep.

@carolineg remains forever haunted by the fact that those clones are just out there...somewhere...with no explanation as to where they are or what they've been up to, lol.

• Members

I was reminded how much doppelgangers/twins ability to fool the family and friends of the people they're impersonating for months pisses me off when Spencer figured out that Esme was lying about having her memory back all because she called him "Spence".

But these doppelganger stories always make the entire town look braindead. I mean, I notice when a close friend gets a line up at the barber! But sure, Trevor doesn't notice that Natalie's body is completely different.