ALL: Imposters/clones/impersonate

• Members

Cass/Rex was fun from what I saw when it reran on SoapNet.

Anne O’Donnell was also really strange story in AW’s dying days made even stranger when Anne revealed she had been Fax Newman’s lawyer and that’s why Fax killed Frankie. I don’t know who wrote that mess but the idea was essentially reused years later on Y&R for the reason of why Patty stole her psychiatrist’s face. AW should’ve gone for broke and have Anne be Frankie after all.

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Have you ever seen the murder of Frankie Frame? It has been called the most gruesome death ever seen & it was all on camera, so no doubt was left. If you haven't & you want to see it, I have it. But, I thought Anne was his attorney. Maybe I have it wrong. I don't see how she could have been Frankie. 

And about Rex, I hated that character! And, Stephen Schnetzer is my favorite guy!

• Members

You’re right she was his attorney I couldn’t remember the connection for sure.

But hey violent on-screen murders that occurred on Days, GL, and Y&R didn’t stop those shows from retconning those murders just a few years later, so AW could have been ground breaking LOL. 

• Members

God I kinda hate most of the Days of our lives clones/ impersonators etc.

but Andre who looks exactly like Tony and his Roman Face-Mask killing his enemies for Stefano to frame Roman was the best.

As dumb as It was I enjoyed Robo-Rafe. He hit on Nicole and that’s where I started to see the chemistry there.

Luke-Fluke on GH. God I hated it lol

• Members

I recall at one point along the way the story was that he & Tony were cousins & that he resembled Tony naturally but then out of evil intent he had that resemblance surgically enhanced. Now, they were not content to leave it at that, so, phooey. (Identical cousins, like the Patty Duke show, Cathy & Patty identical first cousins.) 

• Members

You’d think it would come up more with fans considering it was a graphic mass shooting. In Canada the episode aired with a parental advisory warning at the top of the episode. 

Andre was originally the son of Stefano’s brother and his wife. In 2015 he was retconned into being his son and that was never explained. That was courtesy of Griffith/Higley.

• Members

Not only that but they didn’t even bother to explain how he survived his 2007 onscreen hospital bed death. I’m not always big on back from the dead stories but when I am I want them to go into detail about how they survived. 

• Members

EON had "Sky Whitney", who was eventually revealed to be an imposter named Jefferson Brown who'd asumed "dead" Sky's identity; after Jeff died the real Sky was revealed to still be alive. 

GL had a really complicated storyline with Sonni/Solita, involving the long-ago suicide of a twin sister, guilt of the survivor, mental illness with taking on the dead twin's identity...its climax was basically about trying to figure out which twin actually survived.

GH had Grant Putnam and Grant Andrews, which ended up rather ironic in that Putnam had been the victim who was replaced by Andrews (an international enemy agent) but Putnam ended up becoming a psychopath while Andrews turned into the good guy.

• Members

Y&R's Kay & Marge (1989-90) was well done. We saw the logistics Clint took to Make marge look like Kay, copy her soeech pattern, her signature and even her sexual habits. Marge even went as far as having her appendix removed like Kay to be identical to her.

Apparently the 2008 revisitation of that storyline (which I saw as a child, my first memory of Jill) was well recieved. If I'm not mistaken, Jeanne Cooper won her Emmy for that. I need to go back and re-watch.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members

At least they actually let Holden wonder why Lily seemed to be into "anal" all of a sudden ( Holden says to Rose..."I didn't think you were into that" after sex.) Agreed how they can have look alike look exactly alike...at least have Lucinda say, "Oh my Lily, you have gained a bit of weight in your hips..and your hair looks like it could use a rinse darling!" ATWT"s original "clone" storyline was the Willows (gothically written during Marland's early temp run) where she looked exactly like her fiancé of the moment's dead wife...didnt she get to play the corpse Lisa finds...(How it wasn't rotting away...)

This far in and no one mentions Reva's clone? Dumbest storyline ever, and I think Donna says how much Rauch/MADD fought for their shows but they sure lost this. It all started as Kimmer wanted to play "Cassie" so they did face tape on her and there was no way Kimmer as attractive as she is, was going play someone that much younger...so they roll the face tape out for Cleva. I don't know why they would not do a YR and have Reva's double to be a "Marge" waitress, I think Zimmer would have had more fun with that..though I wish they had Josh doing business in a town called Madison and he sees Nola Aldrich, a look alike (and town slut too) and have her impersonate Reva..I think Zimmer was at her best with Nola.

Then MADD/Rauch who loved to rely on a formula, brought back Annie as Teri Demarco..another stupid plastic surgery story, she had a different body, voice, everything...and she got it with no scars in like six months. I wanted the show to surprise us with the reveal that it Teri was really Teri, sent to SF to f*ck around with a few people, and the reveal would be CW playing Annie again for a few episodes before she finally gets killed. 

Oh, and didn't JFP have Howie, an exact twin of Ross?