2024: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Not everyone at the studio knows everyone else at the studio & as we know often the writers aren't physically at the studio, anyway. I wasn't asking him as a source on the writing team. Just talking to a person about something totally & completely foreign to his expertise. Just casual conversation. I had no pressing need to know. It was going to be told here. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks, Toups! Charlotte Gibson Bauer is a well known and accomplished Black soap writer who started on AMC in 1996 and worked on Days, GL and ATWT.  My secret but totally reliable source is as follows: I had a seance with Angelique Dupres of Martinique and James E. Reilly appeared to me to show me her linkedin profile!  

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charlottegibsonbauer/details/experience/

Edited by VelekaCarruthers

• Administrator

So another writer fired once their cycle is up after coming back from the strike?  Probably to make way for someone who wrote during the strike?  We'll see. 

• Members

What I heard was that it happened right after Dan & Chris were notified of their firing with the strong implication that it had to do with New Team & nothing at all to do with the strike. So, timing, they got back from the strike, wasn't it in Sept? And, the D&C happened the week of Jan. 15th.

• Administrator

Donna, you've been posting about soaps since at last the 90's on those old newsgroups and you have not ever been considered an "insider" anywhere, so please chill with the "what I heard stuff" because you don't have any credibility when it comes to insider info. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Possible that EK/PM plan to eliminate one breakdown role (or two) and write some themselves. When PM was on a HW-ing team with Curlee and Demorest at GL, occasionally they’d all take turns in writing some breakdowns. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Administrator

Josh has Beall and Beldner to help with the outlines.  You'll need at least a couple of writers to help you out because it's just too much work, especially if Korte is still the script editor.   Maybe GH isn't replacing Peace, maybe they're just trimming down the breakdown team, which it seems like all the soaps are doing now as a cost cutting measure.