Mission: Impossible III

Toups

• Administrator

I'm a huge JJ Abrams and Tom Cruise fan and I'm so excited for this movie. I also like Michael Giacchino's music ("Lost", "Alias) and I cannot wait to hear the score for MI3.

Release Date: May 5, 2006

Studio: Paramount Pictures

Director: J.J. Abrams

Screenwriter: Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, J.J. Abrams

Starring: Tom Cruise, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ving Rhames, Laurence Fishburne, Billy Crudup, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Keri Russell, Maggie Q

Here's the link to the trailers and featurettes: http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=6882

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!! That opening scene with Philip Seymour Hoffman, Tom Cruise and Michelle Monaghan was so intense!! It was one of the best opening scene of a movie.

No matter how "crazy" Tom Cruise gets, he still one of my favorite actors. This man is always dedicated and always puts in 100%. Tom is the best action movie star out there right now - man those stunts were amazing!

How bad ass was Philip Seymour Hoffman's Owen Davian? He was so scary, "Who are you? Do you have a wife? A girlfriend? Whoever she is, I'm gonna find her. I'm gonna hurt her. And then I'm going to kill you right in front of her." I only wish we saw more of him.

The supporting cast of Ving Rhames, Laurence Fishburne, Billy Crudup, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Keri Russell, Maggie Q, and Simon Pegg were great also. Loved Simon Pegg's comic relief.

It was definitely the best out of the 3. Thank you, JJ Abrams. What a way to kick off the summer movie season.

• Members

When Is a $47.7 Million Weekend Take a Disappointment?

A movie that earns $47.7 million in its opening weekend would ordinarily be greeted with rousing cheers by most studio executives. A clear exception is any film that stars Tom Cruise and, according to some reports, cost more than $200 million to make. Moreover, Mission: Impossible III opened in 4,054 theaters, one of the biggest openings in history. Reporting on the disappointing performance of the film, the Associated Press observed today (Tuesday) that 7.2 million tickets were sold for the movie, versus 10.3 million for the original Mission: Impossible and 10.7 million for Mission: Impossible II.

------------------

Woohoo! I'm glad it flopped! :D The lowest opening for any Mission Impossible and since sales generally go down each week I wonder if it will make back it's budget and outrageous promo tour costs.

• Administrator

It might have not done as well as part 1 and 2 at the box office but it definitely was a better quality movie than the first two. Hopefully word will spread that this was a good summer blockbuster movie and people will still go see it and eventually make back the 200 million. :)

• Members

I wanted to boycott it but JJ Abrans is too great to let it pass. And I really enjoyed "M:I 3". Apart from Tom Cruise the movie was great.

IMO, the original Brian DePalma film was also very good but John Woo tanked the whole series. Therefore I was greatly surprised that the third one was a as good. Really impressing!

BTW: Wasn't Keri Russel the star of "Felicity" or some other The WB-series???

• Members

I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise or action movies, so I will skip this one, like I have all the other MI films.

I don't think the less-than-expected take at the box office will stop Hollywood's favorite psycho from making another one in the next five or six years. He's lost a lot of credibility with fans and industry people alike and unless he keeps on with these blockbusters, I doubt people will go see a different kind of movie with him in it anymore.

I keep hearing that if you just overlook what he's doing in his personal life, you will enjoy his films, but he's gone so far off the deep end with his weird relationship with Katie Holmes, and making all these stupid comments, everytime I see him, he turns me off more and more. He has to realize in the back of his mind that if MI seriously flops, it's because of his bizarre behavior.

• Members

I enjoy almost all movies TC is in and I find him to be an amazing actor, so I went and saw MI3 last night and I found it to be pretty damn good. The whole cast was great, but what made the movie were the action scenes, all so well done. Whoever directing this movie did an outstanding job. I dont like TC personally, but I have to give him credit as a great actor.

On a shallow note....the Asian chick was so hot, anyone know what her name is?

Archived