GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why not?  These people aren't doing anything of value.  This honestly has nothing to do with a pipedream of VM returning.  There is a lot of dead weight on the cast currently.

I would need a minimum of 2 year as well.  

too short.  3 months would be spent on expository about how awesome and cool Brenda is.  Which agreed, but I don't need to actually hear it from every character.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Yeah, they need bring Brenda (and Julia, maybe, too) with kids in tow.  Right now is the perfect time to do it, too, with the Deception fight over that cosmetics company.  Or have Barrett Industries swoop in and buy the MetroCourt from Nina, too, to spite Carly.

And, better yet, have Brenda come back to the show (SURPRISE!) mysteriously already married to Nicolas Cassadine.  All the drama-scandal that would ensue would be so delicious seeing Brenda playing opposite Tracy, Lois, Lucy, Sonny, Laura, etc.

There's so many fun things they could do with Brenda on the canvas in 2024.

• Members

Julia bringing a son in the 20-something crowd to work at Deception would be awesome. I want a really bitchy and conniving gay Barrett. Like Brian Kinney on Queer Ass Folk. Sharp, shrewd, good in bed and the boardroom. Someone who can go head-to-head with a Tracy Quartermaine type. I want him to be almost dangerously cocky. 

Lovestory wise, they can bring back Lucas and test the waters with someone who is more grounded and zen. Or, he can bed Cody and the two can be troublemakers, always with their hands in a scheme and at the edge of decency. 

• Members

Ratings Feb. 14-18, 2011 (week before)
TV: GH 2,508,000 (-73,000/-718,000)
HH: GH 1.8/6 (-.2/-.2)
W18-49: GH 720,000 (-38,000/-276,000)
W18-49: GH 1.1/7 (same/-.4)
W18-34: GH 0.7/5 (+0.1/-.4)
M18+: GH 469,000 (-64,000/-113,000)
Ratings Feb. 21-25, 2011 (week of)
TV: GH 2,925,000 (+417,00/+157,000)
HH: GH 2.2/6 (+.4/+.2) 
W18-49: GH 874,000 (+154,000/-89,000)
W18-49; GH 1.3/8 (+.2/-.2)
G12-17: GH 29,000 (+3,00/+6,000)
W18-34: GH 0.8/5 (+.1/-.3)
M18+: GH 496,000 (+27,000/+7,000)
Ratings Feb. 28 - Mar. 4th (week after)
TV: GH 2,788,000 (-137,000/+206,000)
HH: GH 2.1/7 (-.1/+.2)
W18-49: GH 811,000 (+63,000/-48,000)
W18-49: GH 1.3/8 (-.1/-.1)
G12-17: GH 19,000 (-10,000/-16,000)
W18-34: GH 0.8/5 (same/-.1)
M18+: GH 304,000 (+8,000/-131,000)

• Members

I have said before a Brenda/Nik pairing weirds me out.  In theory it's sounds okay, but Brenda knew Nik as a teenager.  Even if VM and TC were together in real life the fact Brenda knew Nik when he was still in high school makes it a no go for me.  It's not as bad as Emily/Sonny, but it's along the same lines.

The wedding was very good IMO.  Probably the best stuff Vanessa/Mo did besides their breakup at the end of her run.  The show just didn't keep the momentum going post-wedding.  They cut Brenda/Sonny's honeymoon and killed off Jake soon after.  The interest was obviously there from the audience-the execution was just lacking.

I would still say the interest is there in Brenda.  I am not sure about the interest in Sonny/Brenda these days.  I would probably tie her to Sonny at first then follow a similar playbook to KMc/Robin's return and hire someone else for Brenda's love interest and move her away from Sonny and into the Deception fold.   I can't quite picture Brenda with anyone on canvas although Drew would probably be the most likely person.

• Members

Because we know Brenda is so connected that it will ALWAYS work.

I wouldn't mind seeing her AWAY for Sonny for a minute myself. It's not the show is ending so they can do the Y&R Victor/Nikki approach of having years apart from each other with their own love interests, own stories, and the briefest of interactions a la teases. 

• Members

Yes.  I would play the long game with Sonny and just tease the romance and sexual tension.  I would establish Brenda and her son outside of the Sonny universe for awhile and then have Sonny making moves to better himself and win Brenda.  It's a bit difficult without Jax/Jason around, but I assume they could find a good ex-soap hunk to be her love interest for awhile.

• Members

12-15

First of all, MOOOOOOOOOOONIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good to see LC back on screen.

Speaking of keepers, can we keep Lois? Her and Olivia decking up the Q mansion with Leo was adorable. Annnnd here comes Tracy!!! Back at last. And already setting up a storyline for her I see.

Okay, I'm getting used to seeing Adam. Though I would rather have him in Joss/Dex's orbit and nowhere near Sprina outside of friends. But perhaps it's because it's nice to see a teen/college set with the stories that go with it again. 

As much as I love seeing 'Beast' weave his web, I have noticed that we have not seen Ms. Wu in a minute. With Ned scheming on Nina, too it's good to see scheming and villains popping up to spin tales.

All THIS.

But...curious...do you see ANYONE on the current canvas that could work. outside of Drew...though that could be fun cuz...CARLY. And of course, I want BRENDA if they went there. 

• Members

No.  I really struggle with pairing her with anyone on the current canvas.  There is like Ned, Finn, or Curtis in her age range.  Drew seems obvious because Carly and he also feels like Jax-lite IMO.   Plus CM and VM feel like some sort of Frons fever dream and my mind is still ingrained to entertain that.   You could also pair her younger and I would guess Dante, Michael, Nik, and Cody would be possible.   None of those options feel great to me although I think Cody/Brenda would be a hot pairing.  It doesn't really seem in character.  I would go outside and hire a decent name or re-hire Sean Kanan or Brandon Barash and go from there.

I don't think there is really any way to get out of pairing Sonny/Brenda as endgame, so there just needs to be a Jax-like handsome, charming placeholder.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Oh, boy, getting into Frons Feverishly Freestyle Freeform Dreaming, whataday! 

And, @Taoboi   I have forgotten to say just how very totally really unimaginably happy I was to have MONICA!!!!! on my screen. I went down a Leslie Charleson rabbit hole.

• Members

That last pic of Leslie Charleson is stunning!

Idk, CM and VM just feels like a Hallmark movie dream.  Like two shiny soap pets making a bigger shinier soap couple.  I don't think it would be that good.  It's just where the mind drifts.  I was going to suggest re-hiring ASJ, but then I went down his weird MAGA journey and I don't think Jagger will reappear either.  Vanessa really needs to stop having chemistry with anti-vaxxers and Trumpers is all I am going to say.