GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yesterday, Lois was amazing! I completely was in thrall with the way they had her put 2 & 2 & another 2 all together & then come out with the absolute truth! 

Juxtaposed with Cyrus revealing himself as the pseudo-priest who heard Nina's confession, such as it was. 

Very excited that Lois is going to drop the veritable dime on Nina, to Sonny! 

Excellent year-end cliffhanger!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought it was a decent cliffhanger.  I couldn't be more over Cyrus if I tried.  He has outlived his usefulness so long ago.  I can't stand the way JK speaks his lines and the whole thing was a massive breach of Nina's privacy.  And I hate Nina.

The Lois stuff was good with Sonny.  Instead of sitting and chatting with Olivia I do wish she was a little more in the mix of the Michael/Carly/Ned/Sonny argument.  I just hope no one stops Lois from telling the truth and glad she quickly figured out what apparently no one else in PC could in like 5 mins lol.

• Members

I also liked the montage. 

Plus, the scenes with #Sprina were of the best kind. The idea of taking Taby offscreen while NAC is making Ryan Murphy's movie is a great idea!

AND! Heather & Esme, yes, indeed, I was pleased, very very pleased. With Heather Esme could admit what we've seen. 

• Members

I appreciate anything that remembers Lois has a brain, and that she is nothing if not loyal. I know this is just a stopgap appearance, but since she wasn’t in major story this is a return that hasn’t really let me down. She seems like Lois, in character and present. My only complaint, and we have discussed it before, is that Vanessa isn’t here too.

• Members

I guess my question is why not put her in a major story?  I don't expect her to run the canvas in the way the Brenda's returns tend to do, but more integration with the players of this SEC stuff would have helped.  I agree she's not written out of character, but she also really isn't doing much.  And unless Rena is completely against returning in a larger role this doesn't have to be a stopgap appearance.  Even if it is there was a chance to integrate her with more of the cast so the next time she returns she fits better on the canvas.

I mean 99% of my GH complaints are the fact Vanessa isn't here 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I believe Vanessa said the show reached out to her for the 60th in a minor role.   So perhaps Frank might want her for a cameo and buzz, but nothing substantial.  And I can see her rejecting it on that alone.  I think the days of GH begging Vanessa to return are long over and it might be an ego thing on her part.  At the same time her latest returns have been lackluster so I could see the fact it's not a slam dunk ratings winner.  I do think Vanessa is someone who knows her worth, but her worth might also be not as much as she thinks it is anymore.  

I personally think she brings enough hype and fanbase to make it worth it for the show.  I don't think Frank sees it the same way though.  I also don't think GH would ever go off the air without featuring Brenda in some capacity.

• Members

Well, I think we know there are lapsed fans who would tune in just to see Brenda in Port Charles again. Now that wouldn't mean they'd tune in again the next Brenda-less week. No, they'd go right back to lapsing. But, "The Return of Brenda" would give them something to promote like nothing else could!

Errol Lewis of SON says that most of these superstars from the past expect a big fee, so if that's so they may be pricing themselves right out of the market. When they were regulars soaps didn't operate on hardship budgets. So their expectations may be too rich for today. 

• Members

I actually think Vanessa is one of the few people who could demand a big fee.  Even if her last returns weren't as great as the previous ones-the Sonny/Brenda wedding had big numbers.   I think in theory she definitely has the body of work to back that up and you could easily cut 5 or 6 GH cast members to make it work and nobody would miss Easton, Cyrus, Diane, Chase's dad, just to name a few.  That would easily cover Vanessa's cost, but that's totally up to Frank and how he wants to use his budget.  Brenda just isn't a priority and I think that's Frank's preference as opposed to the overall audience preference.