GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's also obvious that the Haley Pullos legal trouble really threw a huge wrench into this whole s/l. In the beginning they just thought they needed a recast Molly for a short time while HP recovered from what they thought was just a car accident injury. When THAT all blew up, the recasting musical chairs started for Molly. 

Who was recast first? Molly or Kristina? Seemed like both new actresses showed up on screen at the same time. Which also makes me wonder if the original Molly had stayed, would they have recast Kristina at all. Or was Mansi already on their radar by then and being signed to a contract first?

• Members

Are we then assuming that Brooke Anne Smith’s Molly being on crutches was fallout from HP’s assertion that she was in a “minor” accident?  Because Holiday Mia Kriegel could have continued in that capacity and acted on crutches.

I still say they did LA wrong outside of the Pullos fiasco.  I’m not saying KM isn’t a strong Kristina, I just haven’t seen anything that LA couldn’t handle, yet.

• Members

LA was recast before HP's legal problems.

Same in regards to LA.  This is nothing she couldn't play well.

BAS Molly was written to be in the cast because HP did break her leg/had a leg injury.  Whatever HP told GH/Frank, I think it was assumed she'd be back shortly and her injuries would be written in.

• Members

Yeah, she told him she had injuries. & had been in an accident.

She just didn't tell him anything about BAC, DUI, being charged with anything at all, hit and run, wrong way on the highway, Jaws of Life, etc. I cannot fathom that she didn't think it would come out!

He found out when we all did 3 weeks later when TMZ broke the story. So TempMolly never should have been hired. Instead MT should have been looking for a permanent replacement from the get-go. 

• Members

Yes, it seemed to be very mishandled.  If HP was honest with GH and immediately checked into treatment perhaps she would have been given more grace.  A sincere apology and her taking accountability would have gone a long way.  I don't know why her parents and people around her weren't advising her to make better choices post accident.  It put GH in a very big bind when they thought it was a temporary recast only.

• Members

Speaking of TMZ, they have turned into a somewhat reliable news source for the entertainment industry reportings. I don't go there much, but they usually are the first to report the truths. In fact, they just reported that Steve Burton has finalized his divorce from his longtime wife (23 years) and established child support payments ($12.5 K per month).

I think I knew this, but he filed for divorce after his wife turned up pregnant again and he said the baby wasn't his. Oops!

• Members

Regardless, both People and Us Weekly have reported the same with their own obtaining of the court documents, and People reported before TMZ did.

Kristina was recast first and the intention was to always recast the role, regardless of what happened to Haley Pullos. Both Kate Mansi and Holiday Mia Kriegel started on the same day.

• Members

I think SBu is a jerk for a variety of reasons, but not because of this.  Sheree decided to announce she was pregnant.  People were congratulating him on the new baby.  He was forced to clarify.  The obvious thing would have been to announce their separation and then announce her pregnancy.   I honestly don't know how else he could have handled it.  Ideally, the two of them would have come up with a game plan together for the public and their children, but this doesn't seem like the most cordial of divorces lol.

• Members

Lol!  I try.  The MLM and anti-vax stuff we can point directly at Steve and find offensive.  This situation is just awkward and embarrassing.  I don't have enough info to blame Steve for it.  Tbh, I think the ex-wife comes off worse, but the circumstances are so vague no one may be at fault here.  Anyway, this has nothing to do with current GH so I'll move on.