GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I only keep up with the show through here but I had to watch the Monica clips. It was nice to see her. I tend to agree that the chair was a bad choice.

Since we keep having temp recasts on the soaps, while we still have any soaps, is there any way the temp recasts thread could be reopened? @Toups @Errol 

Here's an interview with temp Joss from a few years ago.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm just going to try to respectfully suggest that they went to a helluva lot of effort to get Lesley back onscreen. I would bet that the high-backed chair was by intent, to add more support. If I am right, it would be the difference between her possibly looking too upright compared to her maybe falling over. Now I have found that the support people on staff & crew pay a great deal of attention to detail for the benefit of the actors they serve. Probably that is not true of everyone who works on crew or staff at every show. 

• Members

It feels anticlimactic to end the Pikeman story with an arrest on a Tuesday episode.

If I were a citizen of Port Charles I would start a campaign to defund the WSB.  They can't seem to hire people in upper management who aren't corrupt.  Sean Donely, Victor Cassadine, and now this Brennon guy.  How are they going to maintain the world's security, when their HR department is so lax?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thanks for the info about C and D being back.

I knew it was coming, but I've enjoyed them being gone with stories having more structure. And endings or turns.

12-5

Awwwww. I always wanted Blaze brought back. I hated that Linc storyline, but I thought she had potential and reminded me of old school BrookLynn with her style. So I have loved having her back. And I've loved the growing relationship with Kristina. But I've enjoyed having MORE Kristina. So you know I LOVED that kiss. Side note...they gave Kristina an apartment? 

And Chase proposed? Swoons.

I can't believe that the writers found an organic way to break up Anna and Valentin. I don't see them coming back from this. 

I continue to like Charles Mesure.

• Members

Loving Kraze! 

It is so funny. The scuttlebutt is that Dan & Chris couldn't think of anything to do with Chase & Brook Lynn, ... so they had him drop to one knee. Marriage proposal by default? Maybe they should make more of their decisions this way? I mean this seems pretty darn successful!! 

Nope. They've had it. And, it's all Valentin's fault. 

I have no opinion but most people seem to be quite taken with him. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

As much as I think these kids are too old and there are too many of them, it's nice to see them finally pull the trigger on Aiden being LGBT. The scene with Liz was well-played - that's the kind of thing soaps can and should do. I'm not sure that kid can act and I expect we won't see him for another six months though lol, which is why I still prefer they do a more low-key element of the same story with Jake and free him from that mutant.

Violet must die.

• Members

It's probably from all the genre shows he's been on. I even had to go back online and was amazed at everything he's been in. Just good casting...cuz he can be romantic lead (hmmm him with Carly), a threat a la action hero like he was on V, cunningly dangerous like he was on The Magicians, and anything in between.

• Members

Has anything happened with the ghost of Harmony? 

Or does anyone else suspect that thread will be dropped by the non-scab writers?

It might be interesting to list any of the scab stories that we predict will never be referenced again, or quickly resolved and forgotten.