Days: The Kaman Love

razor32always

• Members

I'm not down with Kate being the overbearingly doting mother. She became the potential mother-in-law from hell. Yeesh. The woman has so much history to stand on on her own. Get ther out of her kids lives and lte her focus on her own life.

I want to see something happen to either her or Roman. Put one of their lives in danger and make the other one fight for them. I know they still love each other. They just need a push in the right direction. Have Will become critically ill or something. Will is the common ground between the two of them. If they are forced to focus on his health, they will be forced to look at one another again, forced to lean on one another again. I know if they forget about all the other crap going on right now, they will remember that they belong together.

Nikki

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AHhhh that's so odd that I read this tonight - I just watched the Deck the Halls eppy and OMG was that a sweet eppy or what?? Kate and Roman were laughing, joking, hugging, Kaman kisses - sigh - now that's the real Kaman and that's the Kaman that I want back!

• Members

I found Kate and Roman to be downright gross at first, but there was a time during Higley and JER (before he killed off Roman) where I really, really enjoyed them. I loved their wedding, and I am glad it happened.

But I don't want them together now. It's just too incestuous, and they are just not a good fit, IMO. But I do love some of their good times and scenes they have had!

• Members

We're definitely low man on the totem pole. Remember, according to SOD, there's only one of us? **Insert eye roll**

We're the forgotten, ugly, unwanted step child. God, I hate Reilly and company so much for just ruining the great thing that was Kate and Roman. There is still so much unexplored with these two, but we aren't even given a chance anymore.

I have a feeling that unless we get a new head writer, Kaman will be no more. I had the tiniest bit of hope after the Island but not anymore. Neither one of these characters is even mentioned in the sweeps spoilers in SOD.

Nikki

• Members

I hate Reilly too - it's like he's forgotten that Kaman even exists, but then I remember the fantastic Kaman scenes that we got when he first came back as Headwriter - those were some of the best Kaman moments! So it's obvious that he does know how to write them, or he did know how - what's happened since then I have no explanation for. :angry:

• Members

To be completely honest, I wasn't all that thrilled with the way he wrote them before Roman's "death". I mean, sure there were some great moments he wrote, but I don't think in the grand scheme of things he had a real feel for the characters.

For instance, I really don't believe Kate would have rather thought Roman believe she was a murder than find out she was a hooker. I think the whole way she even became a suspect was stupid. As for Roman, I honestly don't believe that the would have completely turned his back on Kate after she finally told him the truth about her past.

No, IMO, Reilly has had no idea what to do with these characters from the get-go. I doubt he would have even gotten them back together if he hadn't planned on "killing" Roman. Reilly doesn't do happy, so Kate and Roman would have continued to be separated like they are now there was no "death".

I give the man a little credit. There were moments when we got to see the Kaman that we all grew to love, but it was just that...moments. From the time of the arrest until the wedding, what we were given was beautiful, but it was all for plot. I think, because of that, I can't appreciate what he did for us. That's not to say that I didn't love what we were given because I did. I just kind of feel cheated because he knew he was going to rip it away from us from the get go.

So ultimately, I don't think he's ever really understood them as a couple. Hell, I don't think he has the vaguest idea of who they were as characters. His writing of Kate is as the woman she was when he wrote the show the first time. She doesn't have a moral bone in her body, I don't think. Roman, I don't even recognize him half the time. So if he can't understand them as individual characters, he sure as hell can't understand why they were a couple and why they worked so well together.

I can't even put into words what I would do to get B&C back as head writers. They were the two who really put Kate and Roman in motion, and I honestly believe that they probably had the best storylines for Kaman all worked out, but we'll never get to see it.

For all the horrible things everyone says Dena Higley did to the show, as Kaman fans, we didn't get the short end of the stick. I'm not sure I would have had things play out in quite the way they did for Kaman as Dena wrote them, but speaking as a Kaman fan, I think she did an okay job. So while the rest of the show was in shambles while she was at the helm, we Kaman fans came out smelling like roses almost. I'd take her back over Reilly in a heartbeat, but that's just me. I don't want her back though because she's doing such a great job right now at One Life. I'm selfish since One Life is my favorite soap.

My Days anti-Reilly feelings are very deep. I despise what the man has done to this show on so many levels that I'm still not sure I've figured them all out at this point. I still say that the two characters that have suffered the most character assassination are Kate and Roman.

Dammit, I want MY Kaman back.

Nikki

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived