Variety article on AI being used to Assist Producers & Crew on French Soaps

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This sounds like a great use of AI. Y&R, with no overnight crew, could absolutely use something like this so they could put up a courthouse or hospital set and film scenes out of order in advance.

Now that's a little weird, but it sounds like they did it ethically (they even hired the temp actor for another role). Didn't GH do something like this to insert Laura Wright into a Carly flashback?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Webmaster

With Cole returning, Y&R could do something similar with Amelia Heinle as Victoria. Ethically, of course. It would also depend on whether the Net Code contract allows for something like this since it is different from the TV/theatrical one that was just agreed upon (pending ratification by members) by SAG and directly includes things related to AI.

• Webmaster

Technically speaking, yes, you are correct. That is a spoiler.

However, I personally do not consider casting announcements as a "spoiler," specifically when the news is revealed by the show itself and plastered across several websites and publications, including mainstream outlets. I did not intend to reveal anything when I posted, but what I said fit into the context of this post, especially in reference to AI use and the General Hospital mention of Laura Wright being inserted into a flashback. My apologies if my post spoiled anything for anyone who reads this thread.