Days of Our Lives: October 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This one?

DEIDRE HALL & LAUREN KOSLOW APPEAR IN 10 EPISODES IN A MONTH FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER A YEAR...

Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Lauren Koslow (Kate), who now seem to show up randomly for just one scene an episode, have already broken their 2023 records by each already appearing in 10 (of the first 11) episodes in October 2023. Hall and Koslow each last hit the double digit-episode mark for a month in July 2022. With 11 more episodes yet to air in October, how many episodes will they end up airing in this month??

UPDATE: They had their one-scene pop-up again today so now the #s are 11 of the first 12 episodes this month.

• Members

This is what I keep hearing! Alarr was responsible for the Ava/Harris pairing. Alarr told MM that they had no money for her. Alarr was supposedly making almost arbitrary decisions about everything about now. 

Have any of you listened to the IHeart podcast with PR & KA? KA revealed that Tom Cruise was up for Bo! Peter says that nearing the end it was still so competitive that 5-7 guys were screen-tested. KA had been hired but hadn't worked yet. Peter had an advantage because he'd been on ATWT for 2 years so he actually knew how to do the work. KA says the show tapes 9 episodes a week, when they actually do 8 & they are very clear that there's no way they could do more. Anyway, it is worth a listen but there's some highspots. 

@JAS0N47  Thanks for the info about Kate & Marlena & the actresses episode counts. Do you have any advance knowledge about Peacock & DOD2023? 

@j swift  Thanks for the invocation. Just remember not to say "Bloody Mary" multiple times! 

And, whoever it was who thought the show had suddenly gotten worse ... ? Actually I think the show is watchable, interesting but there's so much afoot making fans, including me, angry! 

• Members

I call BS on this story that Tom Cruise auditioned for Bo Brady, and it is simple to disprove.

Here's the quote from People: "“Oh, Peter you knew that!” Alfonso chided before sharing an anecdote about their late costar Frances Reid. “Remember when Fran sat next to him on the plane? On the way back from somewhere, it was Tom [Cruise] and they started talking and she said she worked on Days of Our Lives. And he was like, ‘Oh, I tested for the role of Bo.’”

However, Bo's first scene was in May 1983.

That year, Tom Cruise appeared in four movies: The Outsiders (March), Losin' It (April), Risky Business (August), and All the Right Moves (October).  The Outsiders had a legendary casting and production history, with primary filming occurring in Tulsa, OK from March 29 to May 15, 1982. 

So, it is implausible that Mr. Cruise, having just filmed a movie with Francis Ford Coppola, and being repped by Paula Wagner who is a very powerful agent, decided to go out for an audition for an NBC soap opera.

Spare me the responses about all the possible ways that Tom could've tried out under various circumstances, because this is a tall tale that defies logic.  I don't think anyone is being malicious.  But, I also don't believe the story and two things can be true at the same time.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Please get this disgrace to the LGBTQ+ community off my screen and please let gorgeous, talented Peter Porte have a storyline that doesn’t waste him and is actually worth watching. Agent Donovan, we need you!!

I’m already cringing thinking about tomorrows episode and their upcoming storyline. In some ways, it would almost be worth writing them out because then we’d never have to endure Leo again. 

Despite that, i did like Marlena shrinking Paulina and John shrinking Abe. I do like the lightheartedness of this storyline. It was nice seeing Paulina come to terms with being accepting of how Abe is now. I wish this storyline was featured more. 

And at least we finally got an update about Tim Robicheaux

Please register in order to view this content

And I really wish that Gabi and Stefan had a storyline too. I think I’m starting to understand why 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Interesting. Sometimes you go down alleys & byways that I would never think to go down. Like here, I could care less whether Tom Cruise read for Bo. The only thing I wouldn't want to think would be that Frances Reid told a whopper. My thoughts would run to, Did Tom Cruise say this? rather than did he do this. He didn't really become "SOMEBODY" until buzz hit from RISKY BUSINESS & ALL THE RIGHT MOVES. However, I have no basis to dispute your analysis from your point of view, which was whether it happened.

• Members

I definitely agree she was absolutely miscast as a Dr, but I did like something about her in general.   I feel like there were a few stories started with Talia that had potential and got pretty much immediately dropped like her Chanel pairing and her sleeping with Shawn.  

• Members

Talia's original story could have been interesting to the max. She was a classic case of "Intimate Coercion". Upper & middle class women who are basically law-abiding citizens who are enticed into a life of crime by male romantic partners who manipulate them to the point of control. But, the way they told the story, it was just boring. 
And, Chanel, she took being dumped as if they'd had some grand romance. 
Overall, I found her to be a heap of potential where nothing was played out by the beats. 

• Members

I sort of found her devastation over Chanel realistic?  It wasn't a great romance and the audience didn't love it, but it was important to her.  She put herself out there as bisexual for the first time and was so excited that Chanel had feelings for her too and Talia was dumped before it even truly started.  Idk, I actually found that really relatable.  I honestly don't really care that much about Talia at the end of the day, but I was more interested in her than a lot of other characters pushed on us.