Y&R: Possible big uncasting scoop.

• Members

I don't know that anyone could be Michelle Stafford, but someone could probably do a well enough job. How was the original recast? She stayed for a couple years right? Do people like her? I've never heard much about the actress.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Money. Primetime pays infinitely more than daytime.

Phyllis can't be recast again. When Sandra Neilsen took over, Phyllis was pretty much a one note psycho !@#$%^&*]. Since Michelle Stafford's return, Phyllis has evolved into a signature character who cannot be played by another actress. And I don't like recasts.

Sarah Buxton is too good for a second-hand role but she certainly deserves a spot on Y&R. If Stafford leaves, bring Buxton on as Phyllis' estranged sister and when this Fox show is inevitably cancelled you can have them on together.

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 12 2006, 05:18 PM)

I don't know that anyone could be Michelle Stafford, but someone could probably do a well enough job. How was the original recast? She stayed for a couple years right? Do people like her? I've never heard much about the actress.

I didn't care for Neilsen. She was boring and had this inexplicable "I'm acting" style of posturing and saying her lines.

It was Stafford who did all the fun stuff. Neilsen's Phyllis had the S&M scene with Michael but I can't remember anything else notable during her run.

• Members

Sarah Buxton doesn't have the acting range to pull off Phyllis. She plays all her roles far too slutty and shallow. Not Phyllis. And far too young.

Sandra Nelson on the other hand - she was okay. She wasn't Phyllis. But she was a good "new" character.

I could see Kate Vernon pulling off a decent Phyllis, but she's 7 years older than Michelle. She's still quite hot for her age(especially if you saw her on BSG humping Col. Tigh with her legs around his neck last year), but I dunno if she's too old for it or not - and she's blonde.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 13 2006, 03:18 AM)

I liked Sandra Nelson but she was less beautiful than Michelle

• Members

Sarah Buxton is older than Michelle Stafford, born in 1965 whilst Michelle was born in 68.

And you obviously didnt see Sarah's wonderful performance on B&B when Morgan miscarried her baby after Taylor threw her off the balcony... especially in scenes confronting Stephanie who had made Morgan abort the child she was pregnant with by Ridge...

Sarah is a fantastic actress!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

From The Hollywood Reporter:

It looks like Michelle's pilot is in the running for a pick up! I'm torn, on one hand I'm really hoping it DOESN'T get picked up, but it would be nice for Michelle. Still, I don't see how they would manage both shows without recasting Phyllis or putting her on the backburner.

• Members

I believe Michelle has said that she staying. And that she learned her lesson when she left Y&R for Pacific Palisades and it got canceled right away. Plus, I don't think her part on the show is that big. I think she plays the best friend of one of the lead characters. I don't think the role is that big and she will be able to do both shows.

Archived