DAYS: Happy 50th Anniversary, Suzanne Rogers (First two scripts)

• Members
HAPPY 50TH ANNIVERSARY, SUZANNE ROGERS!

Please register in order to view this content

Here's a look at the first two "Days of Our Lives" scripts of Suzanne Rogers (Maggie). Episode # 1946, which aired August 20, 1973 and Episode # 1948, which aired August 22, 1973. For those reading along who may not know, at the time Mickey Horton had amnesia when he met Maggie. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Summers and other school breaks. My mom kept me up to date. Then when I graduated (I started college later) I lived just a few blocks from work, so could come home for lunch to watch when I wanted.  Eventually bought a radio that played tv stations and could listen that way until vcrs were affordable.  The things we soap viewers had to go through to watch our shows, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
FROM THE VAULT: 50 YEARS AGO THIS WEEK: MAGGIE TELLS MICKEY WHAT HAPPENED TO HER PARENTS...

Here's a look back at Maggie telling Mickey what happened to her parents. It was the third episode Suzanne Rogers appeared in, Episode # 1951, and aired on August 27, 1973.

MAGGIE: I was brought up to believe that's what life is all about...people caring about people.
MICKEY: You must have had very special parents.
MAGGIE (nodding): Gentle, soft-spoken, church-going, heart-warming. Never an unkind word about anyone. They never turned down a stranger.
MICKEY: As you didn't.
MAGGIE: You have them to thank.
MICKEY: I take it they're dead.
MAGGIE: Yes, nine years ago. We were on our way into town, the three of us, in our pickup. It was my birthday. I was seventeen. I'd been invited to a dance that night. Dad said he wanted to buy me a dress, the prettiest one we could find. It was halfway between here and town...a crossroad...we were hit broadside by a semi. They were both killed instantly.
MICKEY (referring to her crutches): Then you were left with those?
MAGGIE (pause): I thought about selling the farm, but when I asked myself...to go where? To do what? Close myself off from the world and feel sorry for myself? (pause, then warmly referring to her crutches) Today they're the two best friends I have. I wouldn't go anywhere without them. Thanks to them I can do everything I ever did, it just takes a little longer, but I have time.
MICKEY (beat, he looks at her): Maggie, I can't tell you what an inspiration it's been to meet you.
Edited by JAS0N47