General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh, interesting. Hmmm... don't know if the character would work now since they're intent on keeping Willow alive and stuck to Michael. Maybe with a recast it could happen (Michael), but who knows...

Wasn't Christina in Paris with Serena? I vaguely remember that happening.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was just a casual viewer of PC, although I had a pretty solid knowledge of who was who and what not.  I was just really confused by it all.  You explained it pretty well, but I absolutely could not tell you what the hell I watched back then.   The idea isn't bad honestly-I just think there were so many loose ends to explain it actually just spiraled out of control.   

Listen, I don't like the choice of Heather being Esme's mom.  It really doesn't make sense.  Heather has become this super villian that's been everywhere.  Rachel Locke works for me.  And you know, if one day Kelly Monaco just said she was playing Livvie instead of Sam one day I don't think it would make any difference. 

They absolutely should not pair Zoe Ward with Michael at this point, but in 2011 it wasn't the worst idea.

I don't remember if Serena said that.  It's possible.

• Members

I thought in concept, on paper resolving the PC continuity issue was a fun idea - I don't mind a little supernatural jaunt, this is the show that did Casey the Alien. But the execution was a total mess and looked cheap and goofy as hell, and Ron's weird workarounds to 'explain' things re: Caleb, Stephen Clay, etc. sucked, especially since ultimately I think they turned out to also just be some sort of nonsense cover story for the magic spell or whatever. The plot doesn't make much sense at all, you have to wing it in your head lol. I also did not watch the final arcs of PC, which that story leaned heavily on. Points for continuity, but c'mon.

I have no use for Kelly remaining on the show at this point tbh, I think Sam is spent, maybe forever. But if she was up to do a few days as Livvie to tie some of it off I wouldn't mind. No idea how you could make that work at this point other than tossing an explanation off in two to four lines of dialogue vs. doing another months-long magic vampire story, lol. Just give a quick explanation that feels plausible, doesn't involve the words 'magic ring' and let fans blame the magic for the rest lol.

• Members

So, honestly, I have never been sure why KeMo didn't play Livvie in the first place.  I know there are a ton of things that had to be explained away, but it couldn't be any worse than Sam's actual backstory.   I assume Guza/Frons just wanted to distance themselves from that failed soap.  For Ron to try to tie it all back together a decade later just seems like a recipe for failure.  You've lost any momentum you possibly had from PC

• Members

Per Soapcentral.com:

❝ Even though Monaco will be remaining in the fictional town of Port Charles, she will portray a newly created character by the name of Samantha. According to network insiders, the writers at General Hospital felt it would be too difficult to address the supernatural aspects of Monaco's Port Charles character on General Hospital. ❞

In other words, Robert Guza Jnr & Charles Pratt Jnr didn't want to continue what Barbara Esensten and James Harmon Brown essentially would have handed them.

• Members

TBH since Liam is a utter dud on BOLD, FV should offer SC what ever he wants to return as Dillon, at least then he could once again play a beloved character(which Liam never really was lol)

I like Kevin and Laura, but Kevin and Lucy were just so great together, but Kevin can only be cheated on so many times by Lucy without looking a huge fool lol 

Supposedly recast Molly is permanent? lol 

• Members

Basically half the posts on this very thread and every GH monthly thread are answering which 10 cast members we'd cut.......

If I were BAS and her family I would probably steer clear of things like twitter and GH Facebook.  She's very "youthful" in real life though. 

Please register in order to view this content

Poor guy trying to defend his sister on GH Facebook of all reasonable places.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Seriously.  It's cringey.  I am sure he meant well, but sharing things like she was 30 when she played a 16 year in awkward lol? 

Please register in order to view this content

And on the GH Facebook Fan Page?  The most down to earth, clear headed GH place on the internet.  If this "permanent" Molly is playing Molly in a year from now I will be shocked.   It's funny though because did anyone really even care about Molly before HP's issues and these recasts?  I didn't.