B&B June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Crazy, how time flies!

i guess in light of those AWFUL first storylines I was not the only one NEVER picturing JMW to stay around at B&B and turn into the next generation number one diva!????

I was also geniunely surprised when she came back in 2013 after her exit. Somehow this soap job really works for Jackie and while she is no Meryl Streep she is having major screen presence and that is something. Kudos to her for that 15 year anniversary!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hahaha! The word 'more' could've been removed, but all in all, very funny! 

Friday's episode was sort of good in the sense that we saw Hope have a different interaction with someone else instead of Thomas. I like the actor who plays Ridge and Brooke's son. This is going to sound so weird, but when I first saw the actor, his teeth kind of reminded me of corn niblets or corn nibbles. No, no, no - not the color but the shape. For me, I found them unique. He seems to play a decent character so far, but I'm just over these fictional sons and daughters who want their mommy and daddy back together again. Like boo-hoo-hoo. Ya, big crybaby.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Im happy she’s held this job steady all these years but looking back at some of the earlier Steffy scenes, I feel like she was suppose to be  and still works better as more of a modern day Lorie Brooks, then what she became a couple years later, basically becoming Stephanie Jr….I would have never killed off Phoebe and would have had Steffy feud with her sister, in the same manor of Lorie and Leslie and Even Carrie and Sami on Days. 

• Members

All that female "empowerment" for months to start fighting in two episodes. Without real build up or drama. It could have been so good, but Bradley made it so cheap and rushed. The actresses you can feel don't believe it and just this hate chemistry is not working after months of kissing and hugging. This is a mess. 60 plus women acting like 10 year olds... Shame on you writers. 

Poor KKL for what she has to suffer to still act in this garbage.

P.S the show is so badly shot and edited. The soundtrack is either missing or bizarre. It feels almost like a reality show. Where is the cinematic feel that made Bold so charming. So so sad.

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

Yeah, I don't know what to quite think about it. Not that I think the show is great, but there was this part of me that wished Taylor would've told Brooke that she spoke with Ridge. Didn't she ask Ridge if he and Brooke came close to kissing or something stupid like that? And he made this face and said that he couldn't affirm or deny? It was something really stupid. I know that much. Anyway, Taylor told Ridge that he didn't need to say anything and blah, blah, blah.

As preposterous as this show is, it made me think of two possible explanations. I could be wrong.

1. Taylor could be a two-faced hoe. (For sensitive readers, Taylor is a fictional character on B&B and she's not a hoe, okay?)

2. Maybe Taylor was being genuine when she was trying to set Brooke and Deacon. Maybe the events of Ridge's nonconfession and Brooke demanding that Thomas stay away from Hope set her off. It could be why Taylor was talkin' smack in the office and Brooke overheard it as she was eavesdropping.

I dunno. It's all stupid. I guess on a brighter note, I was glad to see Hope and Thomas have some time off - even for one episode.

Just spit it out. The storyline has happened so fast anyway, so just spit the sh*t out and quit prolonging it when it has already been rushed. If #2 is right, it could've prevented the hurtful things they both said to each other.

Yeah, I ain't got nothin'. 

Please register in order to view this content

I just wasted 18 minutes of my time typing this up that I'll never get back. Who's the schmuck now? Yep, that would be me. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

The writing for Brooke/Taylor is all over the place.  As pointed out, "friends", then feuding all over again in two episodes.  I can envision Hunter Tylo's Taylor more in these scenes than Krista Allen...And that's nothing against KA, who is doing a fine job, but there's an element missing.  I saw a message KA tweeted to her fans to not give up and to hang on...

Edited by Jeff

• Members

@Jeff The Hunter Tylo angle is spot-on. KA has done a fine job taking over a 30-year character, but Brooke being friends with KA's Taylor didn't hit the same if HT was in the role.

The inability to use three decades of Brooke/Taylor flashbacks also lessened the impact. During those wine drinking sessions, the 'remember when...' that could've hit the point home. For example, earlier this year I watched the Bridget born/Belief/Men's line era so the meaning of the truce was significantly watered down without HT.

Brad had an opportunity to move both characters in new directions without fighting over BunHead, but chose to go to his *safe* place.

• Members

I had to respond because this tweet can go both ways, I think. 

Do her fans like Ridge and Taylor together or do they love the "blossoming relationship" that Taylor and Brooke have developed? See? I honestly don't know. For me, I thought it was going to be a lesbian storyline like Olivia and Natalia on Guiding Light. Ugh. God, I hated Natalia in general and that lesbian storyline did nothing for me.

Anyway, so who are most of her fans? I don't think I would want to go to an meet n great at either one of them. I would definitely be an event if it's just admiring her work in general. She's so hot and we'd be like really good friends. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

Please, not this again! 

Brooke/Ridge/Taylor was old and stale 20 years ago. These two supposedly intelligent women fighting over this loser who will never fully commit to either one of them is beyond pathetic by now.