B&B April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Does Brooke know Taylor/Thomas knew about 'why did I drink?' 

Poor Deacon, his big 'Opening Night' got shafted during the rewrite - that should give an indication just how quickly they threw together this mess.

How many times will we hear these fools say 'Sheila's reign of terror is over'?

By November sweeps, Sheila's *brain tumor* will have been removed, her rich benefactor will arrange for an early release and Ridge/Finn's sister Diana hits LA to shake things up.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's so embarrassing. Unfortunately, Don Diamont did not make it work, but it's not up to him to make work. People all the time say: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

Well, I say when life gives you a plop of sh*t, make mudpies. So yeah, the cast of B&B are all making mudpies and the ovens have all been pre-heated. And well, TAH-DAH! Here is your result! Doesn't it make you want that mudpie served a la mode style?

• Members

Why shouldn't Deacon get off scot-free when no one else on this show ever pays for their crimes?

I'd put money on it. I can't think of ANY good reason to to call it anything BUT a rewrite. It's not just a left turn, but a HARD left turn.

I've seen rewrites on soaps over the years, but never one THIS bad, THIS jaw-droppingly awful. It's great for hate-watching, but it also makes me despise Brad Bell for treating the audience with such disrespect.

It's not just you. They've taken the decades-old "pregnant pause" on soaps and brought it back. It's an anachronism, and it doesn't work, instead making production look incompetent.

• Members

Anyone doubting the rewrite, think of the warp speed with the way things unfolded in just 10 episodes. Every episode could've easily been a week worth material during a typical B&B repetitive dialogue story.  The movement was shockingly fast and stupid.

For example: $B asks Sheila to marry him. What happens next?

1. Sheila talks to Deacon, hems for 5 minutes, says yes and confesses to murder in 5 scenes. OR

2. Sheila be flashing that black diamond ring at Sinn, Li, Brooke, Taylor, Katie and anyone else who'd listen to 'I'm going to be Mrs. Bill Spencer!' 

The latter would've lasted 4 episodes minimum and been classic B&B.

• Members

Cause that has what to do with anything? Deacon has paid before, and he HARBORED A FUGITIVE, and same said fugitive who as ready to stab his "beloved" daughter in a heart beat

I like character's who pay for the things they do, it makes them ROOTABLE, this is why I've always liked DeaCON, he was flawed, and shady etc but he paid, but now he's just another Logan bootlicker like Ridge and Bill