B&B April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I only caught a bit of Hope laying into Brooke, and - I really have not liked Hope as played by Annika, but - she was pretty good.  She's been a dishrag for so long, I feel like the few minutes I saw, she did really really well.  Either hate or like her - she's not the problem I've seen with the show.  

The problem with the show is the ongoing "We've got her!" in regard to Sheila.  So she goes to jail for 1 week, which will be 3 years in B&B time, or she knows and has slept with the whole penitentiary and is out in 3 days.  Sheila stories are stale now and of no interest to me.  Along with the huge eyeroll it takes to believe that the Forresters really are a famous family, and that Los Angeles has no real police force or - no one knows who they are.  But everyone knows who they are.  But no one does.

If someone like Sheila did something like the things she has done to....the Kardashians....any random citizen would have tackled Shelia or tipped the police off as to her whereabouts.  YEARS ago.  

As for the Taylor/Brooke stuff, I'm surprised from what I read - that they're still on the 'let's be friends' thing.  It'll last like 5 more seconds before Brooke follows her va-jay jay again.

• Members

I watched again... since I am a masochist and have been watching since I can tie my shoes... 

Well... let me say one thing. Katherine Kelly Lang looks so good it's actually shocking. That woman puts some 30 and even 20 years old in her small pocket. 

Bold really have amazing luck when it came to casting. 36 years later and I'm sure that casting agent looks at KKL and says... I did my job.

She is so hot and I'm a gay man and can see it.

That's why it's so sad to see how much potential is wasted. Give that woman a meaty real storyline she can rock. Give her her backbone back. Brooke needs to be CEO or Forrester again... dating this cute waiter. She Does not Need to be in that old Ridge drama. 

• Members

I don't know Bradley Bell nor his thought processes, but I do wonder after the recent threesome on DAYS if Bradley thought: "Oh, hey! Let's piggyback off DAYS and do a threesome with Brooke/Ridge/Taylor."

I don't know why I feel this way, lol! It would be funny if they had a threesome and then Brooke and Taylor realized that they have sexual chemistry and passion and then diss Ridge. What a low blow for Ridge and his ego. If B&B decides to do it's first polyamorous relationship, I will barf. I've got nothing against polyamorous relationships. Just not with those three.

I am getting way ahead of myself with my thought processes, lol! For me, I don't get these storylines. It's not as bad as DAYS, but yeah, I'm still perturbed at the shows fast pacing. Same for DAYS too. 

• Members

I thought today's episode was really weak....more of the same, more repetition.

I am so sick of Hope's long quizzical and confused looks when Brooke questions her about Thomas -- as if she either doesn't understand the question or can't make up her mind. Hope can NEVER just be flat-out honest about anything or anyone.

Taylor's giddiness and "this is all so much fun!" attitude when talking to Ridge and Thomas is ridiculous, as are all these "jokes" about Ridge having trouble making choices. And then we AGAIN had to hear Thomas tell us how awesome Taylor is as a mother and as a human being. GAG.

The sketch Thomas showed Ridge and Taylor for a new Hope for the Future design looked FAR too detailed and finished, and not like a real world designer's sketch at all. BOLD continues to get the fashion industry stuff all wrong.

• Members

4-7

I agree with whoever said it that Brooke having that speech about how she was the S&ut of the Valley unlike her daughter Hope was clear foreshadowing. But I am tempted to say a hint of this has been there since Paris was ribbing Hope to admit that drama aside that Thomas was hot. And they kept bringing up that plot point ahead of Brooke's speech. 

It's a shame, too. Becuase that Liam/Hope fight was pretty good and I felt they read each other a bit. But judging from the fact Hope was imagining Thomas as Liam was in front of her shirtless, I guess Liam will prove to be right.

Le sigh...come on Brooke! At least put up some kind of a fight. lol.

Where did Li go? lol. I did like Steffy is in the know about Ridge/Bill/Sheila. And I also like they know Deacon helped, too, so he's not written into a corner. 

• Members

Thank you -- I expect realism, too -- or something close to it. I just can't laugh at the awful stuff I see and say "But it's just a soap!" I think viewers who devote their time to these soaps deserve that much, and not to be treated with disrespect and even contempt.

• Members

Thank you!!! 

Up until today (4-7 for me and sorry I love you JMW but that hairstyle was...a choice) EVERYONE has been looking drop dead gorgeous and I would have to reallly be picking to find someone that looked BAD.

And KKL in the last few episodes has been dynamite. Shoulder length hair. Bun. White pant suits. Red. She's been looking like a million dollars every time I see her and it's extremely noticeable when EVERYONE is looking great. It makes me think about the times when Y&R characters cross over to B&B and how they look is night and day to current Y&R

I really, really want to see her go after the cute waiter (and Taylor after Deacon). If Ridge is inevitable...make him WORK...FOR...IT. I love how she's been and especially her friendship with Taylor. 

• Members

I'm wondering if daytime execs had a serious focus group conducted back in the day. Perhaps early 2000s. In this focus group, perhaps one soap-viewer said something like, "Why do I need to watch soaps everyday? I can tune in one day and 6 months later, nothing has changed! I can pick up where I left off!"

Well, this is what you get soap-viewer in your little focus group. Because of your big mouth, we're suffering and all because you think you can take a little 6 month vay-kay from soaps and have no issues of getting all caught up. 

I'm not asking for much and I'm certainly not asking for anyone's pancreas. I want GOOD WRITTEN STORYLINES and quit rushing things. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

If you expect realism, then why are you watching soaps? cause you aren't gonna get realism from any soaps or any tv shows

I agree on the second part, but again no offense intended I've seen your posts and it's clear the show could be good, getting great buzz and you'd still complain. It's clear you're one of those that's not easy to please *shrug*

• Members

It's completely Right to expect realism. In the sense that I don't want to watch stories that don't make sense... characters that act like cartoons... for example the first 7 years of Bold it was all realistic and these people on the screen were alive, they were multi dimensional. 

Nowadays it's one dimensional boring and completely absurd storylines that read like coming from this forum board.

A writer... should have talent and should be emotionally intelligent to be able to write for shows like that. Shows that deal with people... over the age of 10.

So... yeah... realism is very much needed. It's not the only thing that we need but it's needed.

I mean... do you remember when Taylor got pregnant by Brooke's baby. That's the level of unrealistic that I don't want to see.