B&B April 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am talking about what I'm seeing. Here on Earth. On my TV, in my living room.

Please register in order to view this content

Yes, In my opinion, Steffy is way too obsessed with her mother and father's love life. First 5 months of 2022 were Steffy telling Ridge he should not trust Brooke. She was like a bully repeating the same things. 

And then the boring scenes with her shirtless husband. Is that good storytelling? I can see that man shirtless 100 times and then it's just boring. Again, my opinion. I don't want to offend any super fans out there. Lol.

I like my characters to have dept and do something that surprises me, you know. Steffy and Finn are so predictable, it's like a bad reality show.

And... when did I say that I want her to be like Brooke?

Brooke has been a ruined character ever since 2002-2005. But she is Brooke... she is the ultimate heroine of the show. No way I will compare the two. Brooke gave us 25 years of entertainment.

Steffy in 2022, 2023 is just a basic cliche of a character with no dept and soul. Bradley struggles to write for her. He is better when he writes for the good girl... Hope sound more real to me. 

I really dream of this show to be better written. Even Steffy could be made interesting. She just needs Stories and dialogue.

You react so emotionally to comments about fictional characters..  I mean.. Steffy is not your mother or sister. I can think and say whatever I want.  Please don't take every criticism about the show so serious.  Or do... I don't care.

It's funny and predictable... these responses. Just like the show nowadays.

Edited by divinemotion

• Members

Steffy has the most character growth of anyone on the show, and you wanna single her out, yeah the parent trapping was dumb, but that's Bradley for ya

WHen Brooke, Donna, Eric, Liam, Bill, even Sheila, show any character growth let me know till then I gotta laugh when someone knocks another character for something that doesn't make sense, all the while sporting an avatar of a character who's the most regressed on the whole show. 

• Members

I like how she is acting but I think Taylor is in a bit of a plateo. Nothings really happening with her. And I find it hard to believe her main goal is to find the woman that practically destroyed her life.. Brooke.. a date...

Bradley is ignoring 30 years of history.

But I like the actress a lot.

• Members

Your response is really special. You single out Steffy (and Finn) for predictability, yet ignore everyone else in town. Hilarious. Steffy is a "basic cliche of a character with not depth or soul"? LOL That sounds like every character on BOLD. And please miss me with the idea that Hope is "more real."

I guess I'm triggered more than anything by your accusation that someone reacted "emotionally" to "fictional characters," as if your comments aren't as emotional as anyone else's. For someone who doesn't care, you wrote a REALLY lengthy response.

I think it's possible to disagree about characters -- even strongly and completely -- without attacking a poster with condescension.

• Members

From what I recall dragon flies got personal first by implying the other poster didn’t know what they were talking about. idk y ur coming for the other poster just because she doesn’t like sinn

• Members

I realize they've been biting at each other, but I feel that latest response ratcheted up the argument.

I understand passion. My posting style can be passionate and even off-putting to some people, but I also respond negatively when I'm told someone's comments are too emotional and that soap characters aren't real. That's just a way of negating someone completely.

I have no problem with someone not agreeing with me about a character or a story. That's all good. I responded here only because I don't think the way to disagree is to diminish the other person.

• Members

I think the main problem is the dragon flies has a habit out of making people feel stupid over fiction, I could see why the other poster reacted the way they did because it’s not the first time he/she has done that, and it’s very annoying. 

• Members

You replied to yourself then. You attack me and criticise me and then say you haven't given it much attention and maybe missed something. Well. Good for you. 

God... the show must be so boring that people need to make drama here.

People... I have Never wanted to start a thing with aanyone. NEVER. I don't know you and I rarely write because I am scared of the reaction.

Every time I comment about the Show... there has been a response telling me My opinion is invalid. Every time I have an unpopular opinion there has been drama.

Why?

I don't need this toxicity in my life.

And this is the last post in which I will address anyone outside the topic.

I will not be made to take part in petty conflicts with people I don't know and don't want to know.

Me commenting about Steffy being disappointing does not mean others are not. Am I required to say that All characters are bad... to suit you better ...??? 

Am I allowed to have an opinion about a God damn soap opera. 

And that's why I'm scared to write in this forum.

This is unsettling.

Edited by divinemotion