GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Do we know if when Britt and Austin were hooked the hook was poisoned?

I assumed since Austin has survived that there was no poison used this time.  And, Britt was already in a weakened state so just the trauma of being hooked could have fatal.  But, I may have missed some discussion of if they tested Austin for poison.

Because if the times that we saw Heather hooked people there was no poison involved, it may lend credence to the theory that that there was more than one killer.  Although, today's episode indicated that everyone was positive that Heather was the killer, I can't help but think that it would be an odd mid-week resolution, and there has to be another shoe that drops. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Britt was poisoned. They said that onscreen, there is no reason to doubt that. Do I think Heather was the original Hook at least in the scripts? No. Am I hoping another shoe will drop? Yes. Do I think the show is lazy enough to scrap it all and just blame Heather? Absolutely.

• Members

Thank you, now I am intrigued...

It's ironic that in the screenshots used for the recaps it looks like Alley Mills is playing Heather like a raving lunatic (which is what I expected after seeing her work on B&B), but when watching her performance it is actually much more nuanced, not subtle, but still layered with humor, desperation, and malevolence.  I don't know if I would recognize her as Heather, (if the other characters didn't say her name every two seconds), but I enjoy this characterization.

It also made me realize that between Heather and Nikolas, GH should be applauded for carrying off such strong scenes with recast actors.  I mean Alley Mills has been around for a few months already, but her chemistry as Heather with Ryan and Esme is part of what sold those escape episodes.  And, needless to say nu-Nik had a huge task to pull off those final scenes.  They really made the best of out of a less than ideal circumstance. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

As I mentioned I am positively dazzled by Alley Mills & this past 2 days in particular I feel like she's been giving a Master Class in how to play crazy yet relatable! People were starting to try to find a portmanteau for Heather & Ryan & there was Heathan, easy, but I thought we should just go non-traditional and call them TheMentals. It's been fun as people have learned who Esme's parents are! 

• Administrator

"It had to be you."  Ryan's last words to Mac.   I'm glad it was someone who has a long history with Ryan being the one to kill Ryan for good.  And then Felicia/Kevin's final scene with Ryan was great too.  That should've been the last scene of the episode instead of Esme/Spencer.  I'm going to miss Ryan because he was always fun to watch and made the show very interesting.  I was hoping we'd get more Esme/Ryan/Heather family scenes, but nope. 

Please register in order to view this content

I can see Esme going after Ava/Felicia/Mac once she regains her memory. 

• Members
Well, GH was both crazy & amazing today & they are still winning the February sweeps period & there's still 2 more days in this week!
OMG! Ryan Chamberlain is dead. He died rather magnificently. When Mac came into the opening in the woods & fired that shot, he had just reared back his head & come out with a blood-curdling scream, full-throated, and that shot rang out & he went down like an empty sack collapses. There was nothing holding him up! And then when Mac was kneeling at his head he suddenly moved his head & said, "It had to be you." Great line! Then he fell over again, completely inert. He was DEAD-dead.

• Members

Yes!! She looked like a million bucks in that wedding dress. Just perfect.  The way she was crying during the ceremony like she felt she was losing Curtis at the very moment they were getting married. The other fashion for the wedding was pretty good given today's budgets. Terry looked so good in that red and purple dress, it really suited her coloring.

I didn't like Ava's purple dress, but I have to say Maura west has aged into being an beautiful classic soap actress. She has that sophisticated look that actresses had on soaps like Ryan's Hope.

They found the perfect Nic. He just can't be dead. I'm a week behind, but Dr. Holt is clearly up to something.

• Members

That's a shout out to Shawn Reeves, Costume Designer for GH! I thought most everyone looked very good but especially Portia & Terri & then for the photo shoot, again I thought most everyone looked very good, but there especially Tracy, Liz, Laura, Carly, Nina, and this time I did not like Terri's dress. And, at the wedding reception Drew drove me crazy looking & sounding & seeming like a game show host.