GH: Sonya Eddy has passed away

• Members

Marc Anthony Samuel posted a tribute on his instagram, but his account is set up to not allow embedding (You can designate that setting on your IG account).

This is the link:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmZyTkIyE42/

Here are the pics  and message he posted:

Please register in order to view this content

marcasart Verified (Marc Anthony Samuel)
There were so many reasons to love you Sonya. Your laugh was infectious, your sense of humor, on point. Your professionalism, even while in physical pain was amazing to me. Your humility and gratitude is something that I will never forget. But mostly I love you because you were my friend. I’m still in shock, but grateful I got to see you the other day. I know that you’ve missed your dad, so I like to think that you and he are catching up. Love you ma.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't remember: Was Epiphany ever part of the hospital crew that used to always go do Ladies' Night or whatever at Jake's? Or did they always leave her as the taskmaster in those years? I had many issues with Guza II in those times but I always appreciated the hard pivot to re-centering the hospital and hospital-related characters after the show bottomed out in '05, even if it was partly a very calculated attempt to capitalize on the new success of Grey's on the network. It was smart.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Le sigh. Way, waaaay too young.

While I know she's been in so many things and had many great moments, the moment that always stood out for me as I grew older was her in the NO DOUBT video 'Hey Baby' as the one having the shot contest with one of the members...back in my day when I was King of the Shots. Ah college days...

And with some development with Epiphany going on, too. 

RIP

• Members

So Gutted by this. Maybe cause My Dad just died last week from Dementia and while I was expecting that. This floored me. Too much death at once. 

So Im seeing elsewhere that SE had surgery DEc 9

Was sent Home Dec 11

Felt sick and returned to Hospital Dec 15

had an infection and died Dec 19

• Members

You tried to embed the instagram tribute from Real Andrews, but meanwhile he put the settings on his IG account to disable the ability to embed his IGs.  Thus his IG displayed within your SON post as a blank instagram frame.  You wouldn't have known that would happen. 

Thanks so much for trying to post Real's tribute.  Much appreciated.

Please register in order to view this content

^ screengrab from the video that Real Andrews posted on his IG page.
I don't have a way to post the video clip that Real Andrews  included, 
but it's scene of Epiphany and Taggert discussing her hiding that she knows he's alive after he faked his death. He is at the hospital disguised as a doctor.
(It's from the Nov. 17, 2020 episode.)

GH has the whole scene online - this is the full scene but Real posted just a few seconds of Epiphany speaking:
https://twitter.com/GeneralHospital/status/1328865508599488514

Here is a the caption he included with his video clip:

realandrews Verified

Last night we lost a True Warrior and Champion

I will miss you greatly my friend…
It’s not good bye , it’s until we see each other again…

Sonya Eddy (Epiphany, GH) passed away on December 19 at the age of 55. She made her Port Charles debut in 2005 and quickly became a fan fave as Epiphany, both on GH and its SOAPnet spin-off, GH: NIGHT SHIFT.

#generalhospital

Real's original post is here:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmZ2Lt8AHUt

Edited by janea4old