DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Our cast of characters: This is the bedside manner grouping: Roman, Kate, Rex, Sarah, John, Marlena, Belle, Eric, Kristen, Rolf, some police offstage only, … did we see Kayla & Steve? Or were they just mentioned?

Roman's talking quietly on the phone to someone about Kate still being asleep but still running that fever.

John, Belle & Eric are in Marlena's room where she also is sleeping. John looks like he's crying a lot of the time.

Rolf says he does not have the orchid. (And we know that he does not. But, he could go on one more sentence, because he knows who does have it. )

Rolf, I'm glad you are calm about the police raid that's going down at your place. He had moved everything that is sensitive to another place. He had given the orchid to Kristen to keep at her place. (even though the garage seems highly inappropriate for a place to keep a one-of-a-kind hot house plant.)

Kate wakes up & has a sip of water. Have they found the orchid? I am so tired of feeling this way. Suddenly Roman pops the questions, that age-old question, and Kate says that yes she will marry him. He puts an engagement ring on her finger.

We move to Marlena's room where she looks like death warmed over. She asks about Kayla & Kate? Then she thinks to ask about Roman. She tells Eric she wants him to go see how they are & bring back word. He can hardly refuse. Marlena is about two switches off of Full Blown Martyr,

Back in Kate's room, Roman accepts a collect call from the prison. Yes, Lucas wants to talk to Kate. They talk about missing each other & loving each other & Lucas hears his mother praise him for owning up to things & being brave. He insists that they will see each other again. She's not so sure but she doesn't ell him that!

In Marlena's room, it's Sami on the phone with news about Sydney. I hope she thought to ask how Marlena was feeling.

Rolf is in his own way trying to convince Kristen to save Kayla & Kate & Marlena's life. He reminds Kristen that Marlena is Rachel's grandmother! He also told her that Marlena was her only real competition for John's son, Brady.

Brady says that Rachel will be fine. He'll talk to her, a lot more than he has. (to be cont'd.)

Peacock DOOL Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022

Brady tells Chloe that he doesn’t know how it will all work out but he's convinced that he can make his little girl happy & make his big girl happy, too. Sacrificing his own happiness IS NOT THE WAY.

Rolf: Stefano would not approve of endangering Marlena's life. Kristen doesn't like him to talk this way. Rolf asks her if Kayla & Kate are just collateral damage?

Roman wants to get married right this very minute. There's a knock at her room door & it opens a crack & Eric & Rex peer in to see if it's okay to come in. Sooo, Eric officiates & Rex stands as witness & Kate & Roman get married. Sarah sees Rex out in the hall & volunteers to help in any way, in the lab or anything. He tells her, rather forlorn, that without that one orchid there is nothing for anyone to do.

Rolf winds up & pitches one more time by telling Kristen that if they die it won't be on his head, no, it will be on Orpheus's head and more than that, it would be on Kristen's head.

Belle & Sami actually have a full conversation for the first time in a long time.

John said that apparently there are more lemons in God's miracles. (That went right by me.) Orpheus sent flowers to Marlena. Roman picked wildflowers for Kate.

Edited by Tonksadora

• Members

You guys, I liked today's episode lol.  I am sucker for the John/Marlena and family scenes at the hospital even if we have seen them a million times before.  

I have said before I like Kate/Roman, but it's literally like nails to a chalkboard when JT's Roman calls Kate "Katie".

Also, every time I hear the Marlena clones mentioned I get so scared about the possibilities and wonder why they keep bringing it up.

Sarah popping up mid episode was super random too.  Glad she and Rex got closure in their relationship during this time.

While Brady and Chloe were in bed, I swear you could practically see Nadia's nipple.  More new and sexy days? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Well, I too liked today's show but then I have been liking the show generally speaking just with certain things that make me wanna go WAAAAH! So, I am off kilter from where some people are with the show right now. Today in  particular, maybe because of some nice effectively used flashbacks or "Imagine Thats" with Lauren & Josh, I actually again thought of Josh as Roman. This is a major piece of progress for me. That's twice in as many months when I have thought not "Why is Josh serving chowder at the Brady Pub?" but, oh yeah, ho hum, just Roman being Roman. Today tho he was being good Roman! Sarah & Rex's dialog was the kind of good filling you get sometimes. And, they have to hammer home that nothing can be done till we get that orchid! When Brady & Chloe were talking I thought, literally, "Why the heck are they so naked?!!" Not what I'd call talk attire! Of course Nadia's so freaking beautiful that I told that part of myself to shut the frack up & enjoy the show!

I do want to join the campaign for Corporal Punishment for Kristen!

I had the funniest little thing happen earlier. I could hear my headphones, a little like the monstrosity in the movie THE FLY, itty bitty voice, etc. but the tab that was Active was Instagram &  it was on the acct "PatchandhKayla" where they are running clips from the show constantly. I've begun to wonder if they're running outttakes & so I could hear, in hilarious voice, Marlena having a session with someone named Michael who is agoraphobic. Then Kayla got onto her for working & Dee said without a blink, "Pot kettle black." I wonder if I could learn something subliminally?!!

I didn't like today's episode. Days needs a better writer to refresh Jarlena. And pretty much the entire canvas. Those cheapy sets distract me. A dying Kate looked great in her jammies The highpoint was seeing Eric, Belle and John there for Marlena. Only watched half the episode. I found nothing remotely interesting.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

I definitely think a new writer could refresh Jarlena.  They always have the same story.  Something internal between them as a relationship obstacle might be more interesting than bad guys/near death tearing them apart yearly. 

I appreciate both Sami/Lucas at least 'calling'.  I am curious as to how Kate is seemingly so much better off than Marlena though.