Y&R August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Am I to understand that Jabot took over Marchetti, an international fashion brand because Summer wanted to keep working there but missed her home?

In a matter of weeks the deal was done and now Marchetti is based out of Genioa City?

All for no apparent reason(except to annoy those watching)

What is the point of these ridiculous business stories where every 2nd week someone is appointed COO of a company?

At this point any new writer would be preferable to the drivel Griffith is serving up.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LOL Phyllis has been in denial about what exactly happened and has been dancing around that fact anyone tries to ask her what happened. 

At least there seems to be dire warnings that Phyllis is about to implode as she did back in May as she blatantly ignores wise advice being given to her. 

Amen to that the last part.

Logically it would made more sense if Summer was homesick, exhausted from working with Angela Marchetti, and wanted be back in a family owned business again and explore their options. That’s when the Wiley family approaches Kyle and Summer in help the struggling and once fabled Wiley’s Department Store back in Genoa City.

Or Kyle and Summer came back  launch Sephora style Jabot counters in a popular discount chain while also relaunching the men’s line for Jabot, with giving Diane high level administrative duties on the men’s line while Phyllis feels left out. 

At least the number of extras are increasing again. The Top of the Towers actually looked crowded lmao.

• Members

Yeah, I saw upthread this morning that someone said Diane set Phyllis up and uuuhhh no. That was back when Diane was still playing remorseful, and Phyllis was just getting in her face. It was just good timing that Jack came out of that elevator as she was ranting and raving. DW played that smirk during the end of that scene to perfection though since she had to do NOTHING for Phyllis to shoot herself in the foot. 

I agree. I have enjoyed the part of the plot where everyone is trying to figure out what happened between Jack and Phyllis when they were doing so well together and were on the verge of reconciliation. It's been a hoot to watch Phyllis jump through hoops to NOT say it was her fault. 

Yeah, that scene of her going off in the part on Summer and Diane not knowing that Jack and Harrison were nearby felt like foreshadowing to me. She's not even hiding that there is no truce now. She cannot shoot herself in the foot again soon enough for me. She's going to push Jack right into Diane's hands if she ain't careful. 

• Members

Bryton, Liz Hendrickson, Brytni, and Mishael went to New York to see Christian Le Blanc who is performing off-Broadway.

Edit:  Mishael is no longer listed in the contract cast credits but is apparently still hanging out with cast socially.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Watching again, for some reason, and I like her a lot. More than I did when she first debuted.

Show is watchable but not very interesting.

Susan Walters back as Diane has been refreshing. Phyllis/Diane working together should amount to something but Diane would always be the expendable one. Nice to see Kyle interacting with her.

Sharon/Tessa had a nice conversation.

I like nuChance a lot. Good find.

Amelia's trying harder as a colder Victoria and it works. Don't really give a [!@#$%^&*] about the Ashland mess. Eric Braeden feels checked out.

I lol'd as Nikki dismissed Sharon as an outsider. I could see Sharon/Nick/Sally/Adam ... however, it felt like Nick/Sally should have been Noah/Sally instead.

Gimme Nikki vs. Sharon, and Phyllis vs. Diane anyday

Nice to see Devon and Lily.

So Billy and Chelsea are hosting a podcast? LOL. OK. Sure. I guess I buy it.

Mishael not being used is glaring.

Nate remains wasted. He's still the 'Neil fill in' years later.

Good lord just bring Drucilla back. Add some weight to the canvas. I know, beating a dead horse still ... hell, I'd still swap Heinle and Heather Tom. Viewers would adjust.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Actually it's there's more hope for Ms. Rowell returning than before, I think? 
She was in a CBS primetime series, Yes regular broadcast primetime CBS!
this past season!  Series named "Good Sam".

"Good Sam" was about a father and daughter who were both heart surgeons.   The father was played by the actor who was Gabriel Lorca on season one of Star Trek Discovery - and this heart surgeon was just as smug and arrogant as Lorca.  The daughter was played by Sophia Bush and she tried her best, but the dialog writing was atrocious.   Victoria Rowell appeared as recurring in at least 6 episodes as a member of the hospital board.

VR did well but the show was awful and was cancelled.  I watched every episode *only* to support the show because I wanted to support VR.

At any rate, VR seems to be able to connect with CBS now. Not sure how she feels about Sony.

VR is directing and producing a lot.  She was directing/and/or producing a Christmas movie to be released in 2023.  Leigh-Ann Rose (Y&R's Imani Benedict) is in that movie.
There was a picture of them (VR and L-A R) on the movie set watching the Daytime Emmys
and cheering on Mishael Morgan when Mishael won the best actress Emmy in June.

I keep hoping ... but ...

Although I want Drucilla back on Y&R ...
I'd wait until the show gets better.  Right now VR deserves better than Y&R.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Sorry, I didn't catch the spoiler thread.   

And *maybe* she's just temporarily off-contract.   I believe she started (as Amanda) in the late summer or early autumn of 2019, so she's definitely at the end of a third-year contract cycle.

Hopefully, she'll re-sign.  (But if she wants a raise in pay, she's probably barking up the wrong tree.)  

• Members

8-10

Well I see the director stuck again on 8-9 with those camera angles on JM. hehe. Or perhaps it's just the slacks.

Please register in order to view this content

That said...IMANI!!! Good to have her back to do Lady MacBeth damage on Nate. Though it's bittersweet now given the news over in the Spoiler thread. 

I admit that I liked history was touched on this week so far. Chloe and Chance's relationship. Billy ribbing on Phyllis about their own past. Jack's history of being a father figure/mentor to Adam. Abby/Devon. 

You can't tell me they are doing this Tessa with the robotic voice thing as something other than a joke/comedic relief. 

Yeah I felt nothing for him. However if anything is coming out of this Ashland mess, it's the fact that Chance is being written in character and it's giving the actor something to do, allowing for him to settle in nicely.