General Hospital: August 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It seems Robert Newman didn't waste any time after leaving YR either he is currently back on stage in Michigan which is like an hour and a half away from where he lives via a plane ride instead of the four/five one he took to LA. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I thought there was some nice soapy/dilemmas being faced today by different characters. Portia and Curtis had to deal with the potential consequences of trying to wake Oz and trying to figure out how to get past Rory/Jordan to do so. I also liked Spencer having to deal with whether or not he should take the deal Martin arranged for him, (going back to Spring Ridge for 10 days or taking three months in Pentonville.) On the surface it seems like a good choice, but in a way, I can understand why Spencer would want to cover for Victor. Victor for all his faults, does genuinely seem to care for Spencer and has tried to help him as much as he could. (Regardless of his methods). Victor is the type of person that may always try and help Spencer whenever he gets into trouble.

So, I could see how Spencer might be trying to look at the big picture and protect him. I hope that Spencer doesn't really end up in jail, even though he signed the documents to go to Pentonville today. I also hope that Trina doesn't go to jail either. Though I do wonder if they may actually do a storyline where her and Spencer end up in jail together like Shawn and Alexis did. I hope not, but you never know. I also liked Jordan asking Rory if his feelings for Trina will interfere with his assignment of guarding Oz. I thought that was interesting as well. I also liked Trina's interaction with Dex. It was pleasant and I think they have chemistry together. 

Did you get to see Trina's/interaction with Dex? I think they have nice chemistry/spark together. Dex was giving her some looks. I am interested in hearing your thoughts about their interaction (whenever you see it), because you also like both Sprina and Rorina like I do. Rorina gets a lot of backlash on Twitter, but there are those of us on various sites that like both pairings. Might have to act Dex/Trina to the mix too, lol, though I do believe the show will probably do something with him and Joss. (And I wonder how Cam will factor into things).

Edited by xtr

• Members

I saw some of it. As for Dex/Trina, I think I need to see more of them, especially in an uninterrupted episode 

Please register in order to view this content

I have a feeling that Joss is going to end up cheating on Cam with Dex, so we'll see what happens. I just hope it's written as it should be: Joss as the villain and not Cam.

I still like both Sprina and Rorina, but to me, it seems like both pairings have kind of stalled out in the last week or two. I was hoping Sprina would finally have their first kiss after their testimonies, but we got nothing.

Same thing with Chase/Brooklyn: nothing. It's like the writers want to drag it out further but have no idea what to do with any of the pairings right now. IMO, it hasn't really been a good summer for GH. Or for any of these couplings.

• Members

Nice to hear your thoughts on things.  It was brief but I did enjoy Dex/Trina and am interested to see how they possibly interact going forward. TA has a very lovely feminine demeanor about her and that really shines through in her portrayal as Trina. I can see why the young men on the show are attracted to her character. I can see why Dex was looking at her the way he was today.

Regarding Rorina and Sprina, I have been enjoying the pace of Rorina. I like that Trina is opening up to him and trusting him. I think they have a nice easy chemistry together and I appreciate that Rory is nice and cares for her. He's a safe space for her right now and I'm totally fine with that. (Even though I also enjoy Sprina and think they may end up being the longer term/end game couple.) I've always felt that Rory would be her boyfriend first and I think that's a good/soapy way to go about things. 

Though I wish they would do more with advancing Sprina as well. I definitely agree with you that the pacing is too slow for Sprina. Spencer should have been told someone that he's in love with her IMO. Even if he asked that person to keep it to themselves for the time being. (Due to factors like her being with Rory, them both potentially facing jailtime). I think it's obvious that he's in love with her, but he hasn't told anyone that. And no one has straight up asked him if that's the case. Some of them even seem surprised that he helped Trina, even after learning he was playing Esme. He should have told someone, Cam or Sonny, somebody lol.

He could have told Sonny today and Sonny could have understood and maybe given him some advice about that. But we get nothing on that front and certainly not a kiss. Plus Joss didn't even tell her that Spencer was playing Esme and believed Trina the whole time. Which could have helped this potential pairing as well.  The writers dragging their feet on Sprina is not helping this pairing at all. They need more time to interact and build up/explore potential chemistry. I do wonder if the show may have them end up in prison together.

I also wonder what may end up happening with Joss/Cam to help facilitate Dex/Joss. While I enjoyed Dex/Trina's interaction, I do believe the show is headed towards a romance with Dex/Joss. I wonder how Cam will factor into things.

And regarding Chalynn, the writing for them has gotten ridiculous. At least with Sprina you have legitimate obstacles, other love interests (at first Esme and now Rory) and potential jailtime. There is nothing standing in Chalynn's way of becoming a legitimate couple. They are acting way too reluctant to get together, especially given their ages and situation. Brook Lynn and Chase should be a couple like a Sam/Dante are right now. Heck, Austin and Maxie act more like a legitimate couple, than Brook and Chase do. 

Edited by xtr