Missed Couple Pairing Opportunities

• Members

I have never heard anyone say that.  With the first actress to play Lexie?  Because John was John by the time Renee Jones took over.  Interesting idea.

I am probably crazy, but I swear I thought for a minute they might pair Abe/Marlena up between Roman/RoJohn after Richard Cates died.  That's probably not true, but they were pretty close there for a bit.  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought it might have worked.  Probably too controversial to pair their lead heroine in an interracial relationship at the time, but I always thought JR/DH worked well together.   But after the Richard Cates pairing and pre-Drake the show was kind of testing Marlena with a few guys that went nowhere.  I swear though after Abe's brother died and Richard was killed Abe/Marlena were close for a minute.

• Members

They did not go all the way with Kayla/Marcus.  I believe Marcus was in love with her, but she thought it was too soon after Steve's death and then the show went with Shane/Kayla.  That reeked of network interference

Kayla & Marcus would've worked a lot better. The two had chemistry. Both Marcus and Shane started to show an interest in a recently widowed Kayla. Around the same time. Poor Marcus never caught a break. First Faith then Kayla.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Marcus really got the shaft his entire run.  For someone who was on the show for 7 years he didn't do much of anything.  He had chemistry with a few women on the show, but the pairings seem to be squashed because they were white.  Even though I don't hate Shane/Kayla, it's way more offensive than Marcus/Kayla IMO.  

• Members

GL:

Alan-Michael and Gilly

Danny and Cassie (long term romance)

Ben Reade and Marah: I would've drawn this out longer for the simple fact of bringing back Kyle Sampson. 

Shayne Lewis and Lizzie Spaulding: Casting aside, I like the idea of these two on paper, and them having a dysfunctional toxic relationship similar to Josh and Reva, and of course their families having never gotten along, playing a huge factor in the chaos of their relationship. 

Edited by MichaelGL

• Members

I think Drake is just someone who has a natural charisma and likeability.  Clearly he's nothing special as an actor, but he's a very good scene partner for men and women.  He's good looking and in good shape enough for the ladies to like him, but he also seems like someone you could have a beer with.  He just seems like a nice guy and I don't think I have ever heard anyone say a bad word about him, so I get the impression people just like working with him and it shows on screen.