Missed Couple Pairing Opportunities

• Members

What soap characters do you think should've been paired together? Not just for chemistry purposes but storyline potential.

GH: Carly and AJ (Billy Warlock and Sarah Brown or Sean Kenan and Laura Wright) could've been the next Alan and Monica. Bickering, sexual chemistry and complicated history.

Y&R: Lauren & Brad, they were each other's equivalent and it would've been interesting how that marriage would've worked out. I think it would've been a more interesting pairing than Brad and Eileen Davidson's Ashley.

Jill & Victor (either Brenda Dickson or Jess Walton). That would have been tumultuous and ended explosively.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

A few years ago, I was watching Guiding Light from 1991 and I saw the sizzling chemistry between Mark Derwin's Mallet and Kimberley Simms' Mindy. Too bad they didn't go through with it like they should've instead of Nick/Mindy and Mallet and Harley. 

8691w.jpg

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Since Y&R didn’t really do anything with either character, I think the show should have at least tried to see if Anna Hamilton and Ravi Shapur had any romantic chemistry. 

I will never understand why B&B never gave Storm Logan a serious romantic pairing. Then again, until Clarke Garrison came along, it seemed as though no men other than Forrester men got any romantic pairings. Ethan Wayne had great chemistry with a number of female leads, from Joanna Johnson to Teri Ann Linn to Lauren Koslow. The show should have picked one, even briefly.

• Members

Jason/Brenda would have been amazing at that particular moment and time.  I have never shipped them any other time, but if the show kept VM it would have been great.  It felt like such a welcome change from Sonny/Jax/Brenda.  By 2010 the schtick of Jason/Brenda and the bickering felt old.

• Members

True - it IS strange that Storm never got a romance.

Also B&B: I think they should have done more with Bridget and CJ (and with CJ, period. His romantic storylines were always so short-lived and he usually ended up dumped or widowed within a couple of months). 

• Members

Yes.  How easily you forget the epic tale of Virtual Garden of Eden.  I actually do think Austin/Greta were a couple but that was during the time AP and JM were very vocal about their Christianity and pre-marital sex, so I just don't think it really advanced too much.  Honestly, with Greta she was EVERYWHERE when she first appeared and then the show slowly lost interest in her. 

I actually think Eric/Greta was the better pairing though.

Edited by carolineg