GH: Wally Kurth previews 22 April episode

• Members

Wally Kurth previews the 22 April 2022 episode with TV Insider.
"The Quartermaine family and friends celebrate Ned's adoption of Leo."
Text interview with photo and a video preview.
https://www.tvinsider.com/1041427/general-hospital-ned-adopts-olivia-son-leo-autism-awareness/

Wally talks about what it's like to play the character Ned who is adopting the character Leo - who is a child with autism... while Wally himself is a real-life father of his own son who has autism.  And how GH is handling this storyline.

He also discusses the storylines about Ned's relationship with Olivia.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wally has done some longer video or audio interviews in the past.  He seems to keep track of all the storylines on both shows - he has said that he watches them! And he comments coherently on what's happening, even storylines he's not in.  He seems genuinely appreciative of the opportunity to work on both shows and he doesn't take it for granted.  

I know that some actors (from various soaps) have said that in order to memorize their current lines, they simply don't have enough room in their brains to focus on what is currently happening with other characters. Some actors have said they literally have to forget what their own characters did in the past, so that they can accurately remember today's scripts.  I guess I understand that those actors are just trying to do their jobs.  I think they *would* try to keep track of everything if they could, but they can't.

But from what Wally has said, I get the impression he can track everyone past and present in both soaps, and that's amazing to me.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I posted this for the preview video.  I'm sorry I was unable to find the video in any format I could embed (twitter, youtube, mp4)
But you can watch the video *inside* the tvinsider link.
https://www.tvinsider.com/1041427/general-hospital-ned-adopts-olivia-son-leo-autism-awareness/
This is a clip from the 22 April episode.

The scene is titled "Olivia details Leo's theater therapy".

If the video won't play for you, here is a description:

The Quatermaines are having a party to celebrate Ned adopting Leo. The party guests are at the Q-mansion. Olivia, Leo, and Ned are in a room with Brook Lynn and Drew. Chase is late and Leo is disappointed that Chase is not there.  Brook Lynn is on the phone trying to reach Chase, but he doesn't answer his phone, so Brook Lynn leaves him a voicemail.  Olivia tells Brook Lynn and Drew .... that Chase was wonderful with Leo during the time when Chase was living with Brook Lynn on the Quartermaine property caring for Bailey Louise. 

Then Olivia tells Brook Lynn and Drew that Leo is in "theater therapy" for children on the spectrum. She explains that it's an after-school program which uses skits to help to practice using speech, taking turns, making eye contact, etc. Olivia explains that she convinced Leo to participate in the theater therapy program by telling him that Chase, Ned, and Brook Lynn are all performers.  Brook Lynn is uncomfortable as she mentions that she hasn't performed lately.  Ned says the therapy program will culminate with a performance/show for the parents during Autism Awareness Month.  Olivia says Leo has been loving the program and has made a lot of new friends, and he will recite a poem at the therapy show.  She asks to Leo that he recite his poem.  Leo says but that's not until next week.  Olivia says that he could do a practice run today for the party guests, and tells him to go get his note cards.

It's a cute video.  Leo is adorable. Ned is very proud. Olivia loves explaining this stuff. Brook Lynn is really animated and interested. Drew just stands there and asks a couple of questions.  

There are other party guests in the other room - you can see glimpses of them through the doorway but I couldn't make out who they were.

Edited by janea4old