ALL: Plot twists and cliffhangers that did not get spoiled by spoilers

• Members

I swear my friend told me there was a promo all week, but to be honest I don't remember it in real time.  I want to say I did see it on you tube and it wasn't explicitly showing her face, but her from behind and her with the sunglasses on.  You could clearly tell it was Vanessa.  It also showed a ton of Brenda/Jax flashbacks so that was probably a give away as well.  *I'll look for it.  It's a pretty deep dive into Brenda return promos on you tube though lol

When you look back on the story it's actually pretty obvious she was going to appear, but I was shocked, so even if they were teasing it her #1 fan missed it.  I was an on and off watcher back then, so I must have expected something to tune in, but I did like Jax a ton back then.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oooo...now I am intrigued.

But that said...was this during the time of the lookalike, too? If so, clever misdirection. I was not regular watching then, either. But just from the article I read at the time, it said specifically which dates to watch. 

• Members

The only time a soap has legitimately shocked me was the end of episode reveal that Kevin was Michael's brother on Y&R. There were zero hints or buildup to it but when it happened it made perfect sense.

• Members

Well you can never go wrong with one of my favorite Sting songs...currently getting new relevance with his colleb with Swedish House Mafia.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, yes, I remember some of that storyline. And I always love seeing VM. But I soooo wanted to see this promo.  ;( 

• Members

I really liked Jax, but outside of everything being tainted, 2000 isn't a particularly good period for him.  Chloe/Jax are so boring.  And just speaking of looking for things on you tube, even before Ingo was the worst, he never built up a following the way Brenda or Sonny or Carly did so almost all his stories on you tube are buried in those sub-channels. But when I have time I will find this promo!!

• Members

Shannon coming back from the dead on ATWT in the 90s.

Throughout the episode, Duncan had an argument with Jessica because she was at a protest.  He gets a call that his wife is in custody so he goes to where she's at.  And he looks in shock and the last frame was Shannon's disheveled look before end credits..and on a Friday 

• Members

When Scott Byce who played Craig Montgomery, appeared disguised as "Tony Impostore" to help say goodbye to Anne Sward, who had played his mother Lyla Montgomery Perretti for years and was leaving the show. She looked genuinely shocked and you could hear audible gasps and whoops, so I believe that, not only was it kept a secret from viewers but it was likely kept a secret from the cast as well, with the likely exception of Eileen Fulton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRM84dxzdy0