Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Last year, Kristen held Sarah hostage in the secret room in the Dimera tunnels. While she was there, Sarah spotted a syringe filled with a drug that messes up your mind. It had been left there when Abby held Gwen hostage in the same place. In an attempt to escape, Sarah accidently stuck herself with the needle and lost her mind. Kristen then sent her to the Dimera island and while she was there, she began reading Renee's diary. And due to Sarah's mind being all messed up, she started to believe that she was Renee. 

Sounds interesting, but it's been quite a mess lol

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Frankly, I'm  glad someone like Jamey who knows and loves the history  of Days is on staff.  As a GL fan I wished we had deep callbacks to that shows history like that.  Now the execution of using said history us a different matter but I appreciate the attempt.

Also, I'm so on board for EJ/Belle. (BE-J?, BELL-J?)

Edited by Spoon

• Members

I decided to binge watch all of last week and this week’s episodes and honestly outside of Sararenee being annoying, I’m actually enjoying the show. I love Tony and Anna so then having something to do as stupid as the story is, has been really enjoyable for me.

• Members

Better yet, Belle could think she's Samantha!  She could have Marlena committed and assume her own mother's identity and everyone in town would be like, "Um, okay?".

I'm a GL fan, too, and I would NEVER want anything like this Sarenee crap anywhere near my show!  I mean, my God, Clone Reva was bad enough! 

And if this (Sarenee) is what happens when you get someone who knows DAYS and loves its' history on your writing staff, then fire Jamey A-SAP and replace him with somebody who ain't never heard of daytime television, let alone DAYS OF OUR LIVES!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yes!  Belle would just run around town and everyone would be like "drug psychosis" it's fine.

Same about the history.  It's nice he knows it, but just because I know Sandy Horton exists doesn't mean I would have Sami wake up as her one day.  It's horrible writing with the caveat that "it's not that bad because it's taking from the past".  That doesn't cover up idiotic, sloppy work.

• Members

The thing is I used to think Orpheus was scarier and "less cartoon" than Stefano.  The problem with Orpheus is his main beef is with John/Marlena/Roman? and not the entire town, so they are shoehorning him into things and hatred that he has no reason to have.  Obviously, Stefano had a hatred for all Bradys and it was stretched at times, but his overall hatred for everyone was more plausible.

• Members

Eh, by all accounts it was Corday (and the network?) that pushed the Possession 2.0 as Ron apparently didn't know how to handle it until he started seeing the devil as "just another villain" (parafrased from his own words). Corday strikes me as both being hands-on and hands-off in the worst possible way - he'll pitch ideas but won't actually keep up what's been happening on the show in the past 30 years or so. Hence all "Plan-to-save-DAYS"/"No, characters that die are really dead"/"Let's bring back Jack from the dead for the 36th time despite all his organs having been donated" stories.

This is the show that had someone running around town possessed by the devil and instead of having every character freak out that the [!@#$%^&*] Prince of Darkness is literally out there, everyone but John was like "oh, okay, someone else will do something about that".

• Members

I didn't realize they were so dependent on him to drive story.

I would have just pulled something from The Godfather, to be honest, and have a very SLOW fall into decent. I kinda feel that Chad would have worked like that. Someone who could want to legitimize the family but winds up getting sucked into the corruption.

or

I would have started out with a new character who is a bit neurotic at first, create a beef between that person and someone else who who is core, and just slowly build outward. Test the chemistry and allow that to shape the writing.

or

I would just move on and accept that, well, a NEW Stefano isn't worth it.