B&B February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Honestly this whole thing with Brookes relapse and kissing Deacon really should have been Steffys story. There really was no reason for Deacon or even Taylor to come back, and they could have had it simply Sheila is gaslighting and making Steffy get addicted to pills to get closer to Finn and Hayes and Steffy is sent to rehab. Yet somehow this has turned into another Brooke “scandal” and Logan vs Forrester tired feud. They could have even had a drugged up Steffy come on to Bill (certainly not Liam this time)  or hell even Carter for someone different, while Finn seethes and starts to doubt Steffy pushing Sheila’s agenda further. 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

That would've been the smart thing to do.

Instead of Sheila targeting Brooke and her addiction, she should have targeted Steffy and her addiction instead. It would have been much better to see then Steffy just being a whiny, anti-Logans pain in the ass. And the fact that Finn has just completely disappeared is ridiculous as well.

• Members

2-12/13

That was a well done fight. I had to watch it twice. But yeah Deacon beat that A. Though it took me until the next episode to see he was letting Ridge beat him up to play victim to Brooke. I had thought it was the fact it was Brooke's voice that he was distracted. 

Steffy was being a uber bitca. But I liked Hope called her out. 

I guess this is what you all were talking about when it gets to be just one story, but I admit that I'm enjoying the fallout and it's been pleasantly paced thus far. 

Agree. 

• Members

THIS!

Please register in order to view this content

Imagine a drugged Steffy's effect on Forrester. I mean Brooke could be the first one to notice something is not right with her. But everyone else is like "She's fine, she is just tired with her being a wife, mother, and Co-CEO." But Brooke suspects she is back on opioids. The company starts to falter causing Eric, Ridge, Brooke, Thomas, Finn, Liam and Hope to bring about an intervention with Steffy but she is adamant she is fine. 

Meanwhile, Sheila uses this as a way to get closer to Finn and Hayes and get inside the house as the "Woman of The House."

And imagine during a Forrester fashion show Brooke is running the show along with Ridge and Eric causing Steffy to get high and starts making a fool of herself in front of everyone with Sheila in the back of the room with her trademark grin.

The press having a field day with the company's Co-CEO and heiress clearly relapsed making the company lose even more money that somehow, they vote Steffy out as CEO and Brooke is voted in. Perhaps this can bring Rick home from International and Felicia can come home to lead the design team when Thomas takes a leave of absence because he doesn't want to work for Brooke. 

They could've used JMW maternity leave as a trip to rehab while being determined to win back everything she has lost. While Sheila has made it inside the house with Finn and Hayes causing Taylor to be concerned. 

It's not that hard to write The Bold and The Beautiful. 

Edited by Forever8

• Members

Yes. Which is why I am mocking how much they are amping this one up because they'd better deliver something good.

That's why I said in the "Wasted Potential" thread that to me 80% of B&B stories qualify. The ideas are generally pretty sound; but then they write them in such a stupid counterproductive ways...

• Members

February has sunk to new lows for me. Revisiting the old triangle from hell in 2022 is the worst thing they could come up with. The Taylor recast is great but I hate how they're just rewriting Taylor and Ridge's history. Some of these dialogs are gagworhy.

Taylor never betrayed Ridge unlike Brooke... really? What do the writers call Taylor sleeping with James and 2 decades of lies? How about Hector, and Thorne? How about her lies about Thomas' paternity? How about letting him in jail when she shot Bill? I can live with the "Taylor is more faithful than Brooke" narrative, but pretending she is this honest, moral person who never betrayed Ridge is insulting.

Deep down Thomas and Steffy are so sure Ridge prefers Taylor... How would they know? Ridge used to prefer Taylor over Brooke... before Steffy and Thomas were born. The last time Tridge were married and happy was before Sheila shot her, and they weren't even teenagers. Last 3 Tridge reunions lasted about 3 episodes and were based on lies. They should want a lot better for their mom.

I hate that Taylor is still willing to settle for Ridge's crumbs after all these times he cheated on her and left her for Brooke. She deserves to have her own guy who only loves her, just like Steffy (I can't stand Steffy and Finn for a number of reasons, but that's another topic) and not be another prop/angst for Bridge.

I hate how Ridge's past indiscretions are never brought up like Brooke's. Ridge has cheated, waffled and broken as many marriage vows as Brooke, if not more. His latest transgressions were Quinn and Shauna, and now he is doing it again with Taylor. He hasn't even talked about divorce, and he is already using Taylor to boost his ego. Both Taylor and Brooke deserve better than him at this point.

I hate that they're ruining Thomas again. They invested so much to redeem him and tried to make him a good guy. And now he is full of hatred again. back to his old trickeries. He should be portrayed as a leading man with qualities and with at least 2 love interests who are totally into him. Not this manipulative jerk that no woman wants. Matthew Atkinson is 1000 times too hot and too talented for this soap.

Steffy and Finn will never be viable for me as long as we don't see her clearly pick him over Liam. I'll always see Steffy as the woman who jumped in bed with her ex and was ready to throw Finn in the trash bin until her lover informed her he was staying with his wife. Her recent whining about how Hope stole Liam from her just reinforce my feeling... Finn the consolation prize.

Sheila v Brooke doesn't make sense. Sheila was brought to be Steffy's rival. Steffy slapped, insulted her, threw ultimatums and forbade Finn to have any contact with her, Sheila did nothing. Brooke tells her she isn't welcomed in Hayes' life, Sheila is on a mission to destroy her life. Totally out of nowhere. No buildup, no mention of Sheila and Brooke's history. Terrible.

Where are Flo, Wyatt and Shauna? I know the actors are busy right now, but one dialog to explain these absences wouldn't hurt. Where are Justin and Bill? Donna? Finn's parents? Too many characters missing for no reason.

The Buckinghams are pointless. None of them are likable. First Reese, then Zoe, then Paris and now Grace... It's just impossible for me to care about these people. They should have kept the Avants instead. Maya, Nicole, Sasha, Julius, Vivien and even Xander were more interesting.

Now I can only hope the big life-changing storyline will be as good as they promised. It better be unexpected and epic. Not some lame, contrived twist like Kelly is Bill's, Emma isn't dead, or Brooke stops Taylor's wedding with a camel... The soap desperately needs an inovative storyline that will keep the viewers at the edge of their seats for weeks. Not sure I can trust the writers with it, but I can't wait to find out-

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

The Avants were why I started watching - Maya's reveal brought me in and then her family was awesome.  And --  their innovative storyline that kept me at the edge of my seat for months. The characters were rich, the storylines were good, and the acting was awesome.  After the Avants left, B&B lost its heart for me. I mean I know the Logan-Forrester clans were structured as the center of the show (with the addition of the Spencers).  But the Avants were the heart *for me*.

• Members

I keep asking myself the same question, this show is so incestuous, but I don't believe it ever came to that. Thomas was smitten with Brooke back in 2010-11 when Adam Gregory portrayed Thomas...they actually made an attractive pair.

Edited by Jeff