• Members

Imagine that your favorite of the 4 current soaps was not renewed and given only 6 more months to wrap up its storylines. How would you want them to spend those final six months? Would you kill off any characters? Bring back any past characters? Pair off any currently estranged characters? 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's interesting; Luke and Laura are one of those couples who've broken up so many times (and for such good reasons) that I'm not sure if I'd actually want to see them together again. I felt the same way about Josh and Reva at the end of GL. I knew that the show in a sense HAD to end with them together to appease the fans who still had fond memories of 1980s Josh/Reva. But I felt like the show had done such a good job in the late 2000s of delineating exactly why Josh/Reva were a toxic coupling that I really wanted to see her end up with Jeffrey instead. It's the same with Laura; I'd be much happier if she ended up with someone who respected her more, like Kevin. 

• Members

Frankly, I don't think soaps need to wrap everything up in a neat bow - I understand fans wanting closure for their favorite characters, but I l don't mind the idea of a serialized drama "living on" even if we won't get to see what happens next.

So, if that means Sonny and Brenda's car exploring as they leave for their honeymoon, so be it.

Please register in order to view this content

At least the fans have the satisfaction of knowing they were married again at the time. 

• Members

Rough Ideas: 

Either B&B or Y&R ends and select characters get absorbed into the remaining show.

Alternate rough idea:

Lauren's now drug addicted son Fen gets mixed up with the wrong crowd and causes Victor another another brain injury during a group robbery of the Newman ranch. A disguised Sheila becomes Victor's  nurse and manipulates him into cheating on Nikki. Her end-goal being to marry & kill Victor to take his fortune or eventually get plastic surgery to look like her disguise and remain Mrs. Newman. Ashley is suspicious. Nikki files for divorce and turns to Jack. $Bill Spencer & Jack Abbott team up to split control of Newman enterprises between Jabot & Spencer Publications while Victor's on the mend. Bill goes on a rampage, betrays Jack and acquires controlling interest.

Michael's consuming career and Fen's troubles leads Lauren to spend time with $Bill. Sheila returns and vengefully drugs Lauren & Bill into thinking they slept together. The "affair" comes out. Michael separates from Lauren who then attempts a relationship with Bill. Michael gets his late 90s era edge back and vengefully becomes the Newman attorney in their fight to regain the company. Lauren leaves Bill during his rampage. The truth about the "affair" is exposed. Lauren uncovers Sheila's double life as Victor's nurse girlfriend but Sheila reverse blackmails her with evidence of Fen's involvement in the robbery.  Lauren & Sheila go into all out war one last time.

A recovered Victor, Jack, & Victoria (re-casted with Heather Tom) team up to get NE back into Newman family control. Victoria permanently becomes CEO, Victor retires, and finally makes peace with Jack. Sheila's double life is exposed. Fenn helps the cops take down the other robbers and gets rehab and probation.  Michael & Lauren reunite. Sheila gets life in prison where she finally turns over a new leaf. 

MAYBE: Victor ends up with Ashley & Nikki stays with Jack. But so much time has been invested on Victor and Nikki it would feel odd for them to not be endgame. 

Dina Mergeron's lookalike sister (played by Marla Adams) comes to town and does battle with Jill over business. This feud is compounded by Lookalike Dina's daughter dating Billy. End the feud at the engagement party...something like that. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I think one of the final major storylines for Y&R should be Victor's passing.

Make his inheritance a battle royale between his four kids, pulling in all characters, bringing back all kinds of characters - for his funeral, a la Asa - and then during the skirmishes.
It is momentous enough to be the focus of the end of the show and Victor has had enough hands in enough pots over the years that it can easily be an umbrella story.
And you can write in some closure for some characters: Jack finally accepting he will never beat Victory and feeling liberated from it, Nikki reflecting on who she is other than Victor's wife. Have Devon someone get involved and hint at the end he is on the way to being the next business tycoon etc.

To be fair, I think this is how the story should go when it sadly happens but I don't trust the writers to know how to write the kind of all-encompassing massive story that lasts a year that the fallout of Victor's death would need to be.

I bet Days would end on a Bob Newhart massive twist. Maybe all that has happened in Salem forever was all an illusion a la Melaswen or something and have a hologrammed Stefano toast with MarDevil and laugh looking at what they pulled off. Or something

• Members

Yes, I was thinking the same thing! Kill Victor off a few months before the end of the show so you could play out the "battle for Newman" drama with the kids. There would be all kinds of opportunities for organic drama there; maybe Jack would start to console Nikki, which would anger Nick. And then Phyllis would be with Nick, but would also be territorial over Jack and thus would clash with Nikki.

I think they'd also need to give Jill some kind of big storyline, but I'm not sure what that would be.   

• Members

As much as I love B&B and Y&R I couldn’t care less how they wrap up those two coz nothings happening anyway that much right now.

Shick reunion would be great though in the end!

Days? I mean what could u do with a show that seems quiet lost anyway. Maybe the devil could kill them all off. 

GH: Sonny and Carly or Sonny and Brenda happy ending. Everything’s better than a Nina/Mike-Sonny pairing!

I would bring back some vets from the past ofc but just needed ones like Lucky, Frisco, Brenda, Luke (but not for Laura though.) 
I would try to tie some loose ends up but would still let some left behind for our imagination like it’s back on the next day or Monday. 

I really would love for Michael Corinthos after annoying the hell out of me for the last decade to take over Sonny’s business in the final episode!