B&B Major Character Recast!

• Members

Was that when Billie was having nightmares of Curtis taunting her during her heroin withdrawals? I thought Allen did a good job there. She also did a good job as Billie with her daughter’s death in the Bayou but outside of that the writing wasn’t there for at all, especially making her the bad girl in the triangle with Bo & Hope.
Oddly she clicked with JT’s Roman and I did like her spark with Victor Webster’s Nicholas and the triangle with Kate so course they wrote her out when her contract came up. 

I think Krista’s most famous role is still the movie Liar Liar unfortunately. Baywatch (where she was paired up with Jason Brooks), Charmed, and The X-Files all used Krista for her body and not her acting. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was watching clips of Krista on YouTube this morning - I started looking for Days clips but then YT gave me others - and yep. 95% of her roles were "really really hot woman". And granted, I am gay but that is a sickening face and body for sure.
So ironically, as underwritten as her Billie was, it was by far the meatiest role she was given.

• Members

LOL gay man here too but as soon I brushed up on her filmography and immediately clearly remembered which X-Files episode she was in and was “oof!”. 

I do wonder how Krista was chosen though. I would have thought at the very least an actress with a lot more standing in the same way as Rena Sofer or Denise Richards (think Annabeth Gish or Ashley Judd lol) would have been cast as Taylor. I wish her the best of luck for sure. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

She is not well-known enough that they reached out to her (and maybe they did send out feelers to "names" who turned them down) so I bet it was as simple as she auditioned and she did best or had a good chemistry with *someone*and they thought it would work
Earning a role the old-fashioned way!

• Members

That would be interestingly refreshing and a nice change of pace for the show for once. Around 2003 ish I feel like that’s when the show began casting on name recognition only, hence the endless parade of name recognized leftovers from both daytime and primetime every since that have come and gone or still on the show to this day. 

• Members

She was on a reality show 3 or 4 years ago with her son on Lifetime I think.  It was about him breaking into the modeling industry with "famous" parents.  It was called Growing Up Supermodel-I am pretty sure.  Anyway, the show was dumb, but she looked good still.  She's had some minor work done I think, but looks pretty much the same.

• Members

That last hastag confirms she was cast to be in story and that story will involve chemistry with someone. Got to assume TK's Ridge.

Gotta love the replies though "Please don't turn Taylor into trash. Taylor would never do that". Where have these people been the past twenty years?
Coz 1990s Taylor would not do that. 2000s Taylor slept with more characters than Brooke did, killed Darla while drunk driving and so on.

• Members

I liked her on Baywatch and this HBO show she had years ago with Frank Langella. Physically she looks the part so I'm going to be hopeful. Taylor needed to return ages ago so at least that wrong has been righted. I do wish it was Kristin Alfonso, but now we just have to hope Bill Bell writes the character well.

• Members

In addition to have good taste in men, she is also an animal lover based on her Twitter feed AND there is this.

Please register in order to view this content

I don't know how well it will work out because B&B's track record with new hires is what it is but I know I will be rooting for her to stick around for a while.
Even if we are going to get another B/R/T triangle